EU DTM `92 @ Red Bull Ring - Sat 15 Feb 2020

Ross Garland

Spiritseer
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
DTM 92.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: DTM `92 - no Mustang
Track: Red Bull Ring Spielberg - GP

Saturday 15/02/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (45 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum 2 tyres)

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat
  3. PurgerUK
  4. ko41
  5. André Gee
  6. Magnus Stjerneby
  7. Jean Jacques Martin
  8. stevem
  9. Lars Hansen
  10. emarchena
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot

UTP#46

Last edited:
Reactions: Calvyn White

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
I've not had a look to see if it's possible. But couldn't you just add balance to the mustang the slow it down a bit? Probably too difficult to figure out how much without underestimating or going over the top.

FeltHat

3000RPM
Premium
Mar 6, 2016
if it requires refuel then that itself is more than enough to make it **** tier

Ross Garland

Spiritseer
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
But couldn't you just add balance to the mustang the slow it down a bit?
You can add ballast on the server these days, so it's possible to slow it down yes. The trouble is that adding enough weight to make a difference would also make it worse at braking and cornering too, when it is already worse at both of those things than the other cars.

The reason I've removed it from this event is because RBR has a lot of full-throttle time, giving the Mustang a big advantage. In terms of lap times all cars in this class are well BoP'd, but that doesn't always tell the whole story. Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a bit tired of making a pass on them under braking/cornering, only to see the same car blast past again on the very next straight.

• Sad
Reactions: FeltHat

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Oh yeah for sure adding a little ballast to a car will affect it internally in pretty much every aspect. But to get the desired result is calculating how much ballast. It could be 10 kilos it could be 50 kilos. But the put it simply it's probably just too much of a pain in the ass to figure out to make It workable and balanced.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Do I look like the person who would tell?
It was rad It's always rad It's always been rad. He's your man, he's the one you want. He did it. But I didn't tell you.
He's going to deny it. But don't believe a word of it.
He's the one who wants group 5 weekly events with just the Greenwood. :roflmao: The evidence speaks for itself.
You've seen his avatar picture. That's a face of guilt and ruthlessness. And will do anything to get what he wants.:laugh: