RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about these two probably because they're not as quick. But I do think they could be a little quicker. To be honest with you I haven't done a lot of work on them. So it's probably best to treat them as a head start with room for improvement.

Attachments

• GUMPERT APOLLO SPORT-HUMGARORING GP LB.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 187
  • KOENIGSEGG CCGT-HUNGARORING GP LB.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 177
Apologies for leaving early. Spun a couple times but was happy to continue. Pitted and I hadn't mapped a button to move down to confirm . I'm sure I had left right up select all mapped but not down. Tried to map a button but then couldn't get back to race. Disaster .And was enjoying getting my ass kiched by the gumpert.

Pitted and I hadn't mapped a button to move down to confirm .
You don't need to confirm pit stops in R3E anymore! They changed it some time ago because confirming while driving was a pain in the arse. Now it's auto confirmed as soon as you enter the pits with no input required.

Nice race guys. Been ages since I was able to drive these, so I really enjoyed it. 40 minutes seemed like 15 to me! :cool:

Was way off the pace of the front runners, but still enjoyed this one. Good clean race from my point of view except at the start somebody was just sitting still and had to go around him and may have sqeezed someone to the edge of the track (sorry mate)? Other than that a clean race for me and happy with 5th. I look forward to next one at the Ring GP;)

You don't need to confirm pit stops in R3E anymore! They changed it some time ago because confirming while driving was a pain in the arse. Now it's auto confirmed as soon as you enter the pits with no input required.

Nice race guys. Been ages since I was able to drive these, so I really enjoyed it. 40 minutes seemed like 15 to me! :cool:
Yeah that's what I thought but the pit window was up and wouldn't dissapear. I was sure I wasn't released .I sat there for over a minute. Now I'm not sure.
I'm not used to Raceroom at all but really like it.
You live and learn I suppose :thumbsdown:

... except at the start somebody was just sitting still and had to go around him...
Steve's game crashed before lights-out, so his car was stuck on the grid. I almost went straight into the back of it too. :(

Yeah that's what I thought but the pit window was up and wouldn't dissapear. I was sure I wasn't released .I sat there for over a minute. Now I'm not sure.
I have two buttons bound for pit stops, one to request the stop, and the other to make the pit menu disappear as it's distracting when trying to race. I hit one and then the other during the lap, and that's all the user input that should be needed. Just drive into the pits, enable your speed limiter, and stop in your box.

The best bet is to try practising your pit stop during the practice session or warm-up. Make sure to request your pit stop a while before entering the pit lane otherwise you'll lose some time due to your crew not being ready for you. Try to stop exactly on the stop sign too, as otherwise you'll again lose time as your crew have to adjust. If all is going as it should you'll get a pit stop timer (and a countdown timer if you're using the WebHUD), and your car will go up on jacks as the tyres are changed. Once the timer stops you're clear to go.

Last edited:
I'm not used to Raceroom at all but really like it.
You live and learn I suppose :thumbsdown:
I had the same problem George before the Group C at Spa. Then I figured it out...
I had to not only tell the pitcrew what I wanted them to do (I.E.: change the tires), but I had to select the item on the list (in the popup). You will know that you did it right because the item that you selected will turn green! Then once the item is selected you can turn off the pop-up window. Your pitstop is still on, you just don't have that annoying popup blocking your view. Once I figured that out then I knew it would work because even in practice the crew would change my tires when I stopped. Also you need to do a "pitstop preset", and make sure it is the active (it will say yes). Just practice your pitstops in an offline race that you create to get used to how to do it, then next time you race it will be a no brainer! I know because I had to do it this way.

@GEO147 @Luke Maney
You can set what you want done during your pit stop and make it "green" in the pit stop preset menu before the race, meaning you then do not need to mess about with menus while driving. I assumed this is what everybody did already so didn't mention it, sorry! :redface:

Thanks guys now I know what the issue was. I set tyres to green in the pitstop preset but didn't set fuel green as I wasn't taking any. So in the stop I could turn the fuel green but couldn't then move down to confirm as I supposedly hasn't mapped a down key .Which I'm bloody sure I had.
Anyway thanks for clearing that up for me won't happen again now. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back