RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a quick 30 minutes in the Chevrolet Chevette. Blimey, what a great bloody car. One of the best in the game. Goes like stink brakes well, no excessive exit oversteer plenty of grip at both ends. The physics is spot on this car in particular but also the others of this class. IMO. You have only got to look at the leaderboard and see quite a substantial amount of drivers on different tracks. Which I suspect is because the physics being good.
@Alex Hodgkinson pretty please with a cherry on top the physics are fine they drive well as you (I) would expect. ;) ;) Not only that they show off, in my opinion, the Force Feedback.:thumbsup:

All I've done so far.

Brake pressure 95.
Front toe - 30.
Rear wing 8.
Traction control anything between 40 and 55.
Drop the final drive one notch 2.8
Preload 10 NM.
Not a lot of changes from the default.
But if you or I wanna go faster I'm sure there's going to be further alterations.
Loving this car a real joy to drive. Satisfaction at every corner.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm in.

I still got to migrate to the new OS. I went from W10 to W10pro, and that means I have to download a whole lot of game files. Don't worry, Raceroom was the first game to be downloaded. Now to get my wheel drivers installed again. Time to roll up my sleeves. LOL

Just a quick question guys. I was wondering what you chaps prefer in the away of time of day? Or what you think gives the best realism.

I prefer the evening as the colors and shadows look awesome as well as the exhaust flames

I was also wondering what you guys are running in the graphical settings such as Shadows, Bloom, Shadows Split, Motion Blur, Motion Blur Quality and things like that. I've got everything on and at the highest quality. But I'm not sure if it gave me the best for realism. So I'm wondering if any of you guys have any other settings despite the lower settings that would give me a better realism.

I have everything maxed out with the exception of motion blur which is off

My opinion so far (as if anyone cares :D) Not too fond of the track, don't like the fact that the lap starts with two long drag strips connected by a hairpin. Not very creative in my opinion. The curvy section doesn't have very good flow either so not my favorite but at least it is a challenge!
These cars seem a bit cumbersome to me but maybe because I liked the liveliness of the DTM last week so much. I totally agree with you @Calvyn White that the Corvette (not chevette, which was a small family car) is the best of the bunch although I might be happy with the BMW if I drove it more. I kind of like the Cadillac but the view out of the car is terrible since you can't really see the left turn apex very well!
Anyway, I think I will stick with the Corvette since I like the way it drives but so far no joy in the fast around the track department. Keep going strong @ko41 , it gives me something to shoot for!!
Thanks for the setup Info Calvyn and I will give it a go shortly.

Well @Keith_G my small family car and I care. :laugh: I do like the BMW but it is heavy and you do feel it especially when breaking. Despite that, it's a good solid drive. The Cadillac is sort of the same probably a bit lighter than the BMW and you can break a little later. It is quicker than the BMW but not by much. The Ruf it's simply just not quick enough on this track due to the number of straights. I don't think there's a set up would it make it any quicker as I have tried. But very nimble being lighter than the rest. Just haven't got the top end or grunt out of the corners. But I'm sure it would do well at Bathurst and alike. P4-5 not 100% sure about this one but it drives ok. Which I will have to do more of to cast any opinion.
And my favourite is my small family car at this present time. And I do do do believe it is the best car out of the bunch that suits this track "for me".
As for the track I like it but far from my best. Quite technical in some parts and one should get about 8 or 12 laps consecutively you start to feel that flow. I also like the track because I give you(me) time to think about what's coming up due to the many straights. And yeah, probably in a couple of years I will be doing oval racing. NASCAR here I come.:roflmao::cry:
Whatever way I say this it's going to sound like I'm bragging. :whistling: But it's me you've got a chase on the leaderboard.:ninja:

Last edited:
Upon further reflection I am going with the car which has the Best Looking Liveries! I'm in with the P 4/5 which a beautiful car (IMO) and has some great paint. Fun to drive also although it really suffers from the restricted view also. Didn't even put a rear view mirror in it for crying out loud. I guess they figured the only cars behind would be the ones passing you so who cares :cool:!!

Upon further reflection I am going with the car which has the Best Looking Liveries! I'm in with the P 4/5 which a beautiful car (IMO) and has some great paint. Fun to drive also although it really suffers from the restricted view also. Didn't even put a rear view mirror in it for crying out loud. I guess they figured the only cars behind would be the ones passing you so who cares :cool:!!
I've got to agree with you 100% the P4-5 is by far the best looking out of all of them. The view out might be terrible but the view from the outside is awesome.:inlove:

Keith if you're having problems with a view go bonnet view. I do have a triple screen setup but on some cars like this, I rather have the bonnet view then crashing into somebody that I cannot see from the cockpit view. I don't care what view people race with and I don't care if people object to it. If you think the P4-5 is bad try the Audi R18 how these cars are driven in real life I have no idea. You might as well just jump into a coffin, either way, you are already dead and you're going to see just as much. :roflmao:

@Calvyn White, Love to practice with you and others whenever possible. I'm pretty flexible about time so whatever works for you let me know and I will try to be there. I check the server whenever I am driving but seldom see anyone on there. Just let me know when you are driving, thanks. Same goes for anyone else!
I think I might try the bonnet view with the simhub dash which makes it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%