EU DTM `92 @ Macau - Sun 09Sep18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 31, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 09-09-18
  1. Matt Le Gallez

Matt Le Gallez
    Trying to think of something useful to put here! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +443
    I'm in please!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,020
    ...getting home now :)
    In for a spin then;)
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Both in

• Like Like x 2
  4. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,057
    less said about tonight the better. qualified 7th which is great for me...proceed to race and i'm smacking the walls left right and center...awful. quit on both. sorry @Stephen Gibb for getting in your way...by my not that great standards that was shocking

• Beer Beer x 3
  5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    I apologize.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +1,873
    I really love Macau, though I struggle to be fast here regardless of cars. Qualified 11th of 12, but made one of my usual good starts, and picked up some places because of others hugging walls around the circuit :p In the end I finished 7th, after failing to defend myself from both Carlos and Enzo in the final few laps.

Another good start in race 2 had med chasing JP for 5th for most of the race, with Stephen under a second behind me. I had to let Stephen past on the man straight halfway through the race, but as he spun a lap or 2 later, I could claw my way back up to JP. I never came near enough to try a move, but I hope I was near enough to at least be noted at the end.

So difficult to drive these cars without the proper powerslides!! :laugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422
    First race was quite boring, i was in huge pace gap safely at p4, second race was more eventful

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    BTW, just for the heck of it, I did couple of laps in Leaderboard challenge with the Merc and the Bimmer. Yeah...about 4 seconds a lap faster with the BMW than my qualification lap in the Mustang tonight, and about 5 seconds faster in the Merc. All that with pretty much a default setup and not really being familiar with the cars, and yet being way more comfortable with the handling.

I know it's not entirely comparable to race conditions, but still :cry:

I love that Mustang, it is so much fun to drive on its own and the other DTM cars seem very...I don't know, "sterile", compared to it, but as soon as I take it to race, I just watch others disappear into the distance, unless there's a very long straight (or unless they don't dare to overtake due to me flailing around all the time). And it's obviously a terrible idea to bring it to Macau, that much was pretty clear from the start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422
    up power a little in differential setting for extra fun :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.