RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that nobody ever reads the OP, so our very own @Paul Glover has created this handy video to cover the basics of our club racing. Really worth a watch even if you're a club veteran, as it's both informative and a good laugh. :)

Last edited:
Well that went pretty good (started 9th, finished 5th), had a good long battle with Powell, who was hard to catch. Good clean racing by everybody (no crash fest:rolleyes:). Couldn't get the front end to bite so it pushed like a truck the entire race (worse when fuel was low). But I guess that's what you get with fixed setups:confused:.

Fun race. Battled for the first half dozen laps or so but couldn't hold off @2112 as he made an excellent move going into Tarzan. Kind of ran out of stamina after that and ran laps about a second slower than my qualifying time 'til the end, while those other guys up front were still running quali laps.

KO

@BP "Not something you want to be known for, but...…..it did happen" Dave says. Haha

I'm still kicking myself for that one. It was pretty funny watching it on the stream though, and I always did like playing Starfox :whistling:

Thing is: I NEVER hit that curb once in all the practicing I did,so I didn't realise how high it was...I think there was a way to save it, but I've never had to save a car on two wheels before (I'm assuming turn away from the corner and brake?)...any tips?! LOL

I now know that I had good overall pace since I clawed my way back to 5th from last place...and then I ran outta gas on the penultimate lap and had to pit...turns out I screwed up my fuel calculation by forgetting to add extra gas for after the 40 mins were up (which I never forget, but first time for everything I guess). That race was spectacular for all the wrong reasons! The guy below would be proud though... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Well that went pretty good (started 9th, finished 5th), had a good long battle with Powell, who was hard to catch. Good clean racing by everybody (no crash fest:rolleyes:). Couldn't get the front end to bite so it pushed like a truck the entire race (worse when fuel was low). But I guess that's what you get with fixed setups:confused:.

Right back at ya, had fun running away from ya, until Crew Chief said "You're running on fumes"...$#!^*...and the worst part was, I didn't have a "add a sprinkle of fuel" preset! The only one I had was to add "normal" fuel load AND add 4 tyres!! :laugh:

Thing is: I NEVER hit that curb once in all the practicing I did,so I didn't realise how high it was...I think there was a way to save it, but I've never had to save a car on two wheels before (I'm assuming turn away from the corner and brake?)...any tips?! LOL

I hit that curb and rolled a few times in practice, and to save it, you do exactly like you said. Steer into it (away from curb). I always wanted to drive on two wheels like a stuntman when I was a kid, but not during a race! I too hit it, but was able to save it from rolling luckily. I think Greg would have got me if I rolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%