RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the attitude to have brc19, it's pretty much the same thing that I am thinking of as I am racing. I feel as if I use to be a lot better when I raced religiously on console. But in between then and now, I developed responsibilities that keep me from spending hours learning a car circuit. I just like that I can hop into these events, and let the hair down... (or let the scalp shine in my case). Then there is the fool in me that goes and picks a Ruf GTR3, instead of the Camaro GTR3; which I am far more familiar with. LOL

Could do with another special. Monza.:D
But unfortunately, the specials are not that popular.:cry::cry::O_o::(:cry::cry:
You fools, don't they see a good race when they see one.:(:whistling:
I don't know maybe the X90s might be a little more challenging but interesting.
Is it just me? I do like an open wheeler.:thumbsup:

Reactions: BP
Had lots of fun, always wanted to a long F1 race like this...I just don't get why most of the community shy away from F1 races. I kept holding back on going for a lower wing setting, should've gone for it...I did 11/12 but with the final gear ratio one click from the longest, so it gets up to speed fast and was pretty quick in the corners, but yea only doing about 320-325 without DRS. I apologise to @Ho3n3r for that tap at T1: it was definitely not my intention, I was just slightly off on the timing. It seemed like a relatively light tap and you caught it nicely, so I hope no hard feelings.

Did 2 stops (Soft/Med/Soft) but only took gas on the first stop. On my final stint with 20 mins left, I was finally starting to close in on @PurgerUK who was about 14 seconds ahead, but on tyres that seemed to be wearing down...was consistently beating my session best each lap trying to catch him, but as I got within 4 seconds I had a spin at T1 with I think 7 minutes left...went right back to 14 seconds. So close to a podium, yet so far :laugh:

I have an issue though, don't know if it was just me: Tyre temps seem to be pretty static in practice but not so much during the race: I ran Softs for countless laps on the server during practice and they stayed at about 95C, but when the race started all of a sudden I'm overheating both softs and mediums to 104. I didn't start drifting every corner...something I'm missing here?

Deleting the browser cache folder should be enough to "uninstall" the WebHUD. Don't think it touches much else. Also, if you're using OtterHUD, did you try the various performance options?

I'm not using OtterHUD, in fact I just heard about that one today. I'm using the original S3 dash.

As for deleting the browser cache I'm assuming you mean "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache"? Will deleting the contents of that folder mess with any other important game settings? I'm curious about OtterHUD, so I guess I'll backup the contents somewhere and test your solution.

Since all telemetry from MSI Afterburner was showing everything as normal in game (no CPU/GPU spikes, normal FPS), I assumed the DirectX files for this game got corrupted...so what I did do, in lieu of reinstalling all of RaceRoom a second time, is deleted the x64 folder in "steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game" and then told Steam to verify integrity so I get a fresh copy. Seemed to work for getting vanilla Raceroom working without the glitch, so I stuck with that for the race.

Then again, I didn't test it until this morning after a system restart, so maybe that fixed it as well...who knows.

I just don't get why most of the community shy away from F1 races.
I'm not sure that's strictly true. We've run three F1 GP style races in recent months, and this is the first that didn't get a full grid of 20 drivers. I personally think that was my fault, as I was away over the bank holiday weekend so didn't get the event posted until mid-week.

That said, F1 cars are very challenging to drive, especially for 90 minutes with no respite. The huge concentration needed just to keep the car on the track at those speeds, let alone to race closely with other drivers, is probably a bit off-putting to some.

As for deleting the browser cache I'm assuming you mean "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache"? Will deleting the contents of that folder mess with any other important game settings?
That's the folder, yes. I can't pretend to be 100% sure of what is in there, but I'm led to believe it's just a cache for the R3E menu system. So not related to anything else like controller profiles, graphics settings, etc, which are stored in their own files elsewhere. The WebHUD is a menu overlay so it's files are stored there... you lose all your widget positions if you delete that folder because it's where they're saved. It's how I reset the HUD when I was having a few issues on release.

I'd definitely check out OtterHUD Brandon, it's by far the most feature-packed HUD out there at the moment. Far superior to the basic model released by S3. :thumbsup:

Top speed was like 330KM/h without DRS, 340+ with DRS, and even then I couldn't get past some people with DRS and slipstream, coz they were going even faster.

Your wings must've been ridiculous.

Yes, definitely the wings were my weak link today, I tested everything else but not wings, using 13 / 13 LOL. Did all my test drive with DRS and top speed looks good then LOL, forget to drop at least rear wing before the race. I was "as fast as" you only when I have DRS available, and just in that time there was a real fight against you, the rest of the time I lost several seconds per lap to others.

It was totally my own mistake, F***ng DRS...

Why cannot find the hotlap I did during the qualifying in the replays on R3E?

So I'm batting around the idea of starting at the back of the grid by not qualifying. I can do that right? @David DeGreef
Sure, but in a lot of cases it leads to unnecessary accidents and some bad blood. I'm myself against it, in pretty much every club event difference in pace between last and first place is massive, which may lead to contact caused by different racing lines. Of course that doesnt always happen and in itself can produce some interesting challenge and show

Well, I did think of that. I'm not the kind of racer that tries to push through the pack at the start, and with a 40 min race I have time to just work my way through. I'm pretty patient usually. I'm just worried if I don't do the qualifier it would boot me or something stupid like that. I don't see anywhere in setup to add ballast. Is that even possible?

I’m with Greg, even though I have set a couple decent laps, they are not consistent at all. Last night I’d never cussed at the monitor that much before. I ended up stepping out of my rig in pure disgust! Lol

I don't feel this way anymore. I'm actually really feeling them now (what a car!), that's why I feel like I need to do something to even the playing field a bit. I will leave it up to you guys. If the majority wants to slow me up so be it. We will figure out the best method to achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back