DTM 92: Car Personality

Yesterday, I set up my Thrustmaster T300RS GT wheel according to Gamer Muscle's FFB video on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MagSJqvhinE.

Then, I did the same race 5 times in a row:
  1. Nurburgring GP track
  2. 10 minutes race
On each race, I used a different car. I had so much fun adjusting from one car personality to the next.

Ford Mustang
This is the American muscle of the pack.
  • Feels heavy.
  • Understeers a lot.
  • Tons of torque.
  • Nice top end speed.
Opel Omega
  • Drives like a German car (i.e.close to a Mercedes-Benz 190 E).
  • Has more low-rpm torque than the other German cars.
  • Engine sounds a bit more like an American car.
Mercedes-Benz 190 E
  • Impeccable handling.
  • Low-torque, High revving.
  • Nice top end speed.
BMW M3 E30 Evolution
  • Impeccable handling.
  • Low-torque, High revving.
  • Slightly more torque than the Mercedes but less top speed.
Audi Quattro
  • Best handling of the pack.
  • Very stable in corners.
  • You can cheat on the exit out of corners. You can step on the gas a bit sooner than the other cars without fearing losing the back end of the car.
  • Less torque and top speed than the others.
I am very impressed with RRE. It is becoming my favorite sim.

The DTM `92's are one of my favourite classes in the sim. Love driving these things on my own, and racing them in our club is always close and fantastic fun! Nice breakdown on each cars specs. :thumbsup:

I just did some leaderboards laps at Nurburgring GP and, to my surprise, I am not faster in the cars that I would have thought.
  1. Opel Omega 2:07.464
  2. Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2:08.055
  3. Audi V8 2:08.368
  4. BMW M3 E30 2:08.640
  5. Ford Mustang GT 2:09.745
I am surprised that I am not fastest in my beloved BMW.

Hold on to your hat as the DTM92/Touring Classics are getting a physics & tyre model update soon™ and if the outcome is anything like the other recent class updates then you're in for a real treat!

Hold on to your hat as the DTM92/Touring Classics are getting a physics & tyre model update soon™ and if the outcome is anything like the other recent class updates then you're in for a real treat!
I'm mixed on this as I love the handling as it is now! Updated and accurate is obviously always best, but I hope they don't become any "less fun" for me! :)

I'm mixed on this as I love the handling as it is now! Updated and accurate is obviously always best, but I hope they don't become any "less fun" for me! :)
Well if the rest of the updates are anything to go by, things apparently, with a little sprinkle of @Alex Hodgkinson dust, can only get better. Put it this way the WTCR cars were Alex's first attempt at FWD physics :O_o:, probably the best example of the class in Sim racing to date. So I'm confident the flair and pure driveability will remain, just a bit more class & control added.
The new 934 is a dream (nightmare) to drive, raw power, turbo lag of epic proportions, over-steer, under-steer, no-steer and the scream from the back is just the driver and simple physics! :D This has surely taken the mantle of best/worst handling car in RR, just an accident waiting to happen, when are we racing them? :sneaky:

Well, I usually have a kind of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of approach to things. I'm sure they'll be good, but more "control" certainly wouldn't be welcome for me... the slidey nature of these cars is one of the main things that makes them so damn fun! :cool:

• Deleted member 387850

For me there's only one choice as it's one of my all time favourite cars. Ever since I got my first radio control car as a child, a Tamiya TT-01 BMW M3 E30 I've been smitten...

79_1552.jpg

51GVlf-uQ-L.jpg

Well, I usually have a kind of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of approach to things. I'm sure they'll be good, but more "control" certainly wouldn't be welcome for me... the slidey nature of these cars is one of the main things that makes them so damn fun! :cool:

There are enough options in the setups for the DTM92's to make them loose, if that's ones preferred choice, just can't see S3 ruining one of their most popular series.
All I can say is I have every faith in our @Alex Hodgkinson & team to bring the best out of what we have. Fire up a Hillclimb track, hop in an icon and try to get to the end of the course without biting your tongue off, they have to be the most explosive vehicle in Sim. Don't even start me on the sound through the Ceddar Gorge one (can't remember their names), swear it's the Devil himself cackling with laughter at your imminent, fire engulfed death!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back