AC DTM 90s @ Norisring - Monday 6 April 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just checking with the summer time change and all since my last race, and that I haven't accidentally been excluded from the password message... practice was supposed to start about half an hour ago according to schedule, right? :)

Just checking with the summer time change and all since my last race, and that I haven't accidentally been excluded from the password message... practice was supposed to start about half an hour ago according to schedule, right? :)
the old GMT to BST issue raises its ugly head again! the time is now 17.10 in GMT! server is actually up 20 mins early

Thanks guys, had no idea about BST being different than GMT and thus didn't know that summer time difference to Finland is 3 hours instead of the "normal" 2. :O_o: It's weird and pointless, you should do something about it. :p

Maybe put times in UTC, so everyone knows there's no daylight savings, a lot of people get confused when using GMT because it switches to BST, etc. :)

See everyone on the field/track.

Funny thing about GMT is that it stands for Greenwich Mean Time and Greenwich is in Britain yet it's still different from actual British time. :rolleyes:

Anyways won't be a problem in the future, now I know it's +3 hours in the summer and +2 in the winter. :)

Maybe put times in UTC, so everyone knows there's no daylight savings, a lot of people get confused when using GMT because it switches to BST, etc. :)

See everyone on the field/track.

Maybe its time to change, Simon ;)

Pun fully intended.

Sorry that I intervene to this, but why change? GMT and UTC is same time although meaning is different. GMT time is always the same, it won't change. BST (British summer time) don't change GMT to anywhere.

It's almost funny how difficult thing this time issue is:confused:. No offence

Sorry that I intervene to this, but why change? GMT and UTC is same time although meaning is different. GMT time is always the same, it won't change. BST (British summer time) don't change GMT to anywhere.

It's almost funny how difficult thing this time issue is:confused:. No offence
I understand that, I have no issue with using GMT, but I've come across people who confuse GMT with normal 'British' time and think its the same as BST when daylight saving starts. Its just a name really, but Universal Time Coordinated probably removes some confusion.

That was a fun race, but I knew I was going to break a transmission. With 6 laps to go in that second race my transmission was almost full-red in the damage indicator so I thought I'd better pit. I stopped in the pit-box, selected engine repair, pressed the tick...And nothing happened. When I tried to shift to reverse in case I'd moved out of the box, it wouldn't stick; I'd completely broken it. So that was a bit annoying.
First race was fun, that first-corner aside lol. Then I accidentally clipped the wall going into the chicane, so my windscreen got cracked and I had some suspension damage for the last few laps.
10/10 would still do again, DTM is fun.

First time on this track and first time with this car. Apologies to anyone who I bumped, held up etc. Nothing malicious was intended. The car would get out of sorts a bit and I would just hope that I didnt collect anyone with my mishaps. It seemed like my brakepoint changed every time I went into the first corner :/.

What a fight, couldn't find any grip at all with the Merc. Loose rear under braking, drifting through all corners. Extremely surprised that I didn't drop back further in race 2. Acceleration and top speed wasn't optimal as well. Also not sure if everything went right during the pitstop, Rivali showed me 100l fuel and still the old tyres (although I think I messed up with the tyres).
Found it way easier to drive that car around the Nordschleife a few weeks ago than the Norisring today :roflmao:
Thanks everyone involved, hope I wasn't too much of an obstacle :laugh:

I just typed a huge rant post about 1st corners, race craft, consideration, car control etc. etc., but instead I'll settle for this: :poop:

Is there really no way we could hold our horses for the first corner and/or refrain from making bonehead moves for passes that just aren't there? Every time. :cry:

We can do this! :D

Had a good time last night. Felt ill during first race, I think i should have stopped and taken a break after the 60 mins of qualifying i did. And yea the 190E was a handful on the rear. I took a break and managed to get 2 seconds off my time and got into the 58's Glad i got out of the 1 mins. Was a good track. Ive got footage of the practice and quali onced edited i will upload and link here.

Reactions: Si

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years