Cars DTM 2018 from UnitedRacingDesign

a9cd57-b22634c6dda64f10aed9b2f721d4d26f-mv2-d-2560-1440-s-2.jpg

For upgrade from v1.0, link to update v1.1 (free of charge): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mag82ynhhtqxgus/AC_urd_t5_2018_V1toV11update.rar?dl=0
Whats new:
- complete new physics
- new sounds, mainly all of them

Skins of original cars:
- Audi:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/urd-t5-aura-2018-2018-audi-dtm-skinpack.23968/
- Mercedes: wip
- BMW: wip

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still on the fence about buying the pack. How do the 2018 cars compare handling wise to the 2015 cars? I had a hard time finding a comfy setup for them.

I'm still on the fence about buying the pack. How do the 2018 cars compare handling wise to the 2015 cars? I had a hard time finding a comfy setup for them.
Not many people are able to answer that question right now i presume :D

Eu people are still at work mostly. Even i'm at work still (turkey) But as of v1.0, they're a marvelous drive compared to the stiff 2015. Very anxious to try out v1.11 but it'll have to wait. Gym comes first.

Man, in reality DTM in 2015 and in 2018 there was almost no difference. So how come you expect the mod will be different?
But I can tell you this, DTM 2015 mod from URD was quite off physics wise, same was 2018 v1.0.
Now in 2018 v1.1 things are way different, way better, and most importantly way closer to real cars (same will never be of course). But still working on few things, and we will try to make the difference between all 3 manufacturers, if there is any - for that we are still expecting some response from DTM driver :) - that would be the 2018 Champion him self.

I'm still upset they released the detroit EGT car in rF2 with fuel consumption that is at least 2x of any other car. I also don't feel like they regularly update their cars of patch any bugs that are found.

Need to see more commitment from them on their products before I buy anything else from them.

I'm still upset they released the detroit EGT car in rF2 with fuel consumption that is at least 2x of any other car. I also don't feel like they regularly update their cars of patch any bugs that are found.

Need to see more commitment from them on their products before I buy anything else from them.
There is so many thing to check for physics, that something can easily be overlooked.
Even this DTM 2018 mod still misses few important thing, and are considered for the 2nd and last update. For example, cars are now in v1.1 still approx. 1 to 1.5 second to fast (depending of the circuit), that was rather a mistake, fuel consumption is way to low, ... But let give them some time. Or batter, contact them and tell them that bothers you, I`m sure they will listen to you.

Btw, what you guys thing of the sound (interior, exterior)?

Last edited:
I bought the T5 2018 mod und tested all three. The 1.0 version was not really different in terms of force feedback und physics compared to the T5 2013. However, this 1.1 update for the 2018 T5 mod is really different. But in a good way. Much better handling! More downforce i assume...but its not too easy to handle. A good balance. The sounds and the force feedback improved as well! I had a lot of fun with the audi rs5 today. Maybe this helps one who is struggling to buy this mod.:) Edit: The sounds are good. But especially the shift sound and the transition between low to mid revs could be improved. But its good enough to me so far. I forgot the most important thing: Thank you for all your efforts to bring this mod with physics/sound and skin updates to another level.

Last edited:
I am more concentrated on feeling the curb to be honest. I need to look/hear again for it. But i can say, tire sounds are back again.
Edit: I think i missunderstood you Statement in the first place. So for me the tire sound are there...but not very pronounced.

Last edited:
Personally I really like the new data, feels really nice to drive. Only slight bit that irks me now is the front tyres drop in temp (about 10 C lower than the rears) once you leave the pits. And it'd be nice to have packed data files for multiplayer.

I am more concentrated on feeling the curb to be honest. I need to look/hear again for it. But i can say, tire sounds are back again.
Edit: I think i missunderstood you Statement in the first place. So for me the tire sound are there...but not very pronounced.
What do you exactly mean by feeling the curbs?
Car is much stiffer that in previous version, but I have the same feeling there is not much of the response from.curbs, when you run over them, speciall inside when trying "to cut" the corner.
For example, take the inside curb of T1 at Red Bull ring. It feels like curb is not actually there when you run over. What do you think?
But over all, car handles well now.

@SamtheStupid , packed data will be in next and final release. Just gathering what else to improve, so all kinds of feedback is well welcome.

I also don't feel like they regularly update their cars of patch any bugs that are found.

You dont need to 'feel' this way... it's objective reality.

Their PX mod from 2015 is still laughably unfinished and probably never will be. The LMP2 cars in that class still barely exist, and the single one that was released, still doesnt have a single livery 3 yrs later.

URD is nothing but a joke, and for them to constantly release extra paid mods without finishing their prior commitments is a slap in the face to every single customer they had.

Sadly, too many people dont care and still fuel that mod team with money for their unfinished commitments.

I think we all know that aint EVER gonna happen :D

Car is much stiffer that in previous version, but I have the same feeling there is not much of the response from.curbs, when you run over them, speciall inside when trying "to cut" the corner.
For example, take the inside curb of T1 at Red Bull ring. It feels like curb is not actually there when you run over. What do you think?

(My answer, messed up the quote): That was a missunderstanding of me in the first place. tlsmikey said "missing tire scrub" and i thought he means that the rumbling sound is missing by touching the curb which isn't. I am more sensitive to the curb rumbling through the wheel rather than the sound of the curb. That was what i wanted to say :). To your curb response: I tested Zandvoort and Nurb GP and yeah the response is there but not as hard as i would suppose by these cars. But i will drive all cars again later today and keep an eye on potential issues if that helps.

@SamtheStupid , packed data will be in next and final release. Just gathering what else to improve, so all kinds of feedback is well welcome.

Glad to hear that, my only issue was the front tyres going cold for me as I said but the cars still are a blast to drive. Think the update really impressed me as the cars actually move around quite a lot so it feels alot more lively. Definitely the best URD cars available

I wasn't able to give these cars a proper go last night due to power outage but i did some laps at brands, zandvoort and silverstone and i have to say i love this.. refinement. Again, i'm not a good driver but this update feels like a much more better refinement of v1 physics. The car still slides at the same places but less. I have much more confidence in the car now and some 3rd gear turns have become 4th gear turns now. Also, much less prone to lock ups.

As for sounds, better low end. The v1 sounds lacked some bottom end really. It's nice to see them being added back in. This isn't v12 after all :D

I wasn't able to give these cars a proper go last night due to power outage but i did some laps at brands, zandvoort and silverstone and i have to say i love this.. refinement. Again, i'm not a good driver but this update feels like a much more better refinement of v1 physics. The car still slides at the same places but less. I have much more confidence in the car now and some 3rd gear turns have become 4th gear turns now. Also, much less prone to lock ups.

As for sounds, better low end. The v1 sounds lacked some bottom end really. It's nice to see them being added back in. This isn't v12 after all :D
You need to tweak your setup to prevent sliding your backend.

Try my setup with long and short gears, both for Mercedes, if you want for other, just rename the last life of code accordingly.

Last edited:
I have avoided URD for a time now and am fine with it. It's so frustrating to see on the one side packs like the PX one which was cancelled after many people had paid the full price and on the other side stuff like the new DTM cars which came out of nowhere. It seems like URD does only care for their private customers when there's no work for companies. So if you want to do business with them you better got a lawyer.

If you cannot afford to lose €10 then just dont invest in mods.
i dind't read the whole thing in depth but let me say a thing.

I payed for the PX mod, 12+ € the day they released the first car. After years they cancelled the project, reduced the price and i have 3 cars, 4 maybe i don't remember instead of what they have promised with the EA pack.

At this point they SHOULD HAVE made a discount for who bought that package and get nothing of what they promised. With i discount i probably i would have bought this pack, but without it no. I don't want to support people who (intentionally or not) have keep the money i have payed without giving me what they have promised.

PS: I also bought they're Formula package and Shiro JT5.

LOL guys, you know what`s funny?
That goes for 95% of you all: You go in a bar, shop, or what ever... and spend 50€ at least in one shot, and than come here whining about how much these mods cost?
Do you have any slightest clue how much free time, will and knowledge has been spent?
I guess not!
What goes for me, I paid quite some €s to URD, and none has been waisted, because I love sim racing, it`s part of my life, and it`s quite a training for the RL racing as well, and now I can even help them with my knowledge to make their cars run more better, more real, than ever before, at least some of them.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing