RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by my initial post regarding pace, lets not hold up anyone by means that may be considered unsportsmanlike. Now let's move on please.

Last edited:
Looks good, but need to test and see which class suits me (can we use the 917/30 Spyder:p). Give me a couple days.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Funny how that works isn't it? When I started doing club events it forced me to try combinations I never would have done on my own, thanks to @Ross Garland. Not prompting for anything, just observing how it has benefited me and hope it does for others. In a couple of weeks I plan on doing just that pushing that thing that goes REALLY??!!?? :ninja::cautious:, hope you will give it a go.

Ooh I hope you do just that. I really enjoy going out of my comfort zone and trying cars I'm unfamiliar with. Personally I get more enjoyment when I have to spend a significant amount of time with a car and track combo to feel comfortable with it. It is especially satisfying when you learn to tame a beast that wants to kill you at every corner :)

Also @David DeGreef one more thing: I just noticed the part in the FReD description above talks about awarding VRP for the top 4 drivers over the course of the 12 weeks...just for clarification, which one of these best describes what you meant?
  • The drivers that have finished the most number of races (and a random 4 if there are more than 4 people that did every race)
OR

• The drivers that have the placed the highest in race finishes (averaged over the 12 weeks, or using a scoring system

Also @David DeGreef one more thing: I just noticed the part in the FReD description above talks about awarding VRP for the top 4 drivers over the course of the 12 weeks...just for clarification, which one of these best describes what you meant?
  • The drivers that have finished the most number of races (and a random 4 if there are more than 4 people that did every race) Just number of completed races, not completed every race
OR

• The drivers that have the placed the highest in race finishes (averaged over the 12 weeks, or using a scoring system
At the end of twelve weeks the top four drivers with the most number of complete races will also be awarded 200 VRP each. (in the event of ties a random drawing will be done).

Presuming it was after the last race, each driver completed the number of races shown
Scenario 1
Tom = 12
Tim = 11
Ted = 10
Bart = 9
Harold = 9

Tom would get 200 VRP
Tim would get 200 VRP
Ted would get 200 VRP
Bart and Harold would be put into a random drawing with one being selected and receive one reward of 200 VRP

Scenario 2
6 drivers all wind up tied with the most races. A drawing would be done to select 4 winners.

Last edited:
That's too bad you feel that way. I was pleasantly surprised with how I did in the Camaro despite the maybe 5 scary moments. I've grown quite fond of it after this race actually.

I was partly trying to blame the car for my issues, but the truth is, the main problem was me. Even if I ran an LMP in that race I probably wouldn't have placed in the top 3. I got to work on my skills.

I was partly trying to blame the car for my issues, but the truth is, the main problem was me. Even if I ran an LMP in that race I probably wouldn't have placed in the top 3. I got to work on my skills.

I think that just comes with time.

The Camaro is a tricky car to use, especially on Bathurst. I feel I did better with it than I expected too, but I still spun out twice and traded paint with a few walls.

So Greg (2112), no need to worry about smashing into me at the start anymore. I finally figured out why I had no lights. I had the web hud installed, and when it wasn't running, it prevented the start lights from showing. I turned off the hud mod before the GTO race @ Mid Ohio because it was affecting performance during practice. So, unfortunately I was unaware it would kill my lights right before the start of the race.
So, I'm sorry again guys for negatively impacting the start for a few of you. Won't happen again.

So Greg (2112), no need to worry about smashing into me at the start anymore. I finally figured out why I had no lights. I had the web hud installed, and when it wasn't running, it prevented the start lights from showing. I turned off the hud mod before the GTO race @ Mid Ohio because it was affecting performance during practice. So, unfortunately I was unaware it would kill my lights right before the start of the race.
So, I'm sorry again guys for negatively impacting the start for a few of you. Won't happen again.

Well, being nearer to the front was fun while it lasted :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years