RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so no way I'm going to do very well but I'm going with the 2013 Camaro #41. Might as well mix things up a bit. I'm going to see if I can't get a better time out of it, I managed a 2:09 last night after some setup adjustments.

Forgot to add: "Pinball Wizard" (the Who) pretty much describes my line through sector 2. Bouncing off those barriers like a pinball! :roflmao:

Alright so no way I'm going to do very well but I'm going with the 2013 Camaro #41. Might as well mix things up a bit. I'm going to see if I can't get a better time out of it, I managed a 2:09 last night after some setup adjustments.

Honestly, 2:09's consistently could get it done. If there's ever a race where consistency matters..... this is the one.

For anyone looking for an edge watch this video of Marcos Ambrose doing a Bathurst track guide. Helped me tremendously!

Honestly, 2:09's consistently could get it done. If there's ever a race where consistency matters..... this is the one.

For anyone looking for an edge watch this video of Marcos Ambrose doing a Bathurst track guide. Helped me tremendously!

I feel that. I've got one car where I can get down to 2:05 but it's on the edge. While in another I'm running 2:07, off pace, but very consistent and smooth. Kind of leaning towards the 2:07 car (Z4)

How have you gotten that thing to turn? I ran some laps in it and smashed into the outside wall at every turn, it simply would not turn in. Do you have some magic hidden away?

For me, no magic. I just brake for the turns a little earlier and because the rear steps out, I am very careful when rolling onto the throttle. I tend to take the turns a bit slower than the Z4 I was testing, and use as much of the track as I can.

Also on turns where some cars can go flat out in 4th or 5th gear, I have to lift briefly. I am not familiar with the names of the turns, so I think turns 6, 9 and 10 are the ones I am referring to. (Just looked at the map)

The Camaro I hate to say, is a big loaf around the mountain (at least for me)

OMG I take back what I said about this car! Did some setup tweaks, and holy smokes it can stretch it's legs. I'm not going to say what the times were (you can check out the leaderboard), but it's not far off pace of my faster cars. Here's what I changed in setup for you Camaro guys:

FT Toe -.40
RR Toe +.15
FT ARB 617 lbs
RR ARB 731lbs
Wing 0deg
Brake 100%
Diff Preload 3 clicks

Pretty much all my cars I run little to no wing. Those long straights command it.

OMG I take back what I said about this car! Did some setup tweaks, and holy smokes it can stretch it's legs. I'm not going to say what the times were (you can check out the leaderboard), but it's not far off pace of my faster cars. Here's what I changed in setup for you Camaro guys:

FT Toe -.40
RR Toe +.15
FT ARB 617 lbs
RR ARB 731lbs
Wing 0deg
Brake 100%
Diff Preload 3 clicks

Pretty much all my cars I run little to no wing. Those long straights command it.
I might try this out tonight if I get home early enough. I've been trying a really loose set up, mostly for fun and modifying the default. I managed to get down to just below 2:08 consistently last night with both set ups although the approach to driving both is completely different.

Tonight is going to be fun guys

David,

I am in. When you announced it last week on TS I committed, I just forgot to go to the thread. I will be in a Porsche.
You're in
I'm working today so unfortunately, I'm sitting this one out. Maybe I'll see you guys next week. :/
Thanks for the heads up. Cya next week, it may be the best yet.

Everyone-I will be resetting the server about 20:00 ET for tonight's event. I will be on TS to give fair warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 424 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years