EU DTM 2016 @ Bathurst - Thu 25Oct18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 6, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 25-10-18
  1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,501
    This is great news to hear!
    Something happened somewhere about a yr ago(not sure on what side) and my performance went to crap...cpu shooting up to 100% usuage gpu throttling down to 20-30% with tons of frame drops and stuttering and could never figure it out no matter what settings I tried ?

Ill have to give the game another go....hoping I get the same results as you as i really enjoy racerooms content :)

What are you system specs if you don't mind?
    I am running a i5 3570k oc 4.5ghz and a gtx 970 with ssd

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Very similar, except I'm running an i5 2500k (at 4.5 GHz as well).

Note that it needs more testing as there are other factors at play that might've had an impact on that. Also, I'm currently running with vsync on, because I've noticed that by doing that, I can lower my CPU usage by as much as 20 % compared to vsync off + fps limiter at 60.

I never had issues like you describe, though.

3. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,297
    Yes quite I should be shot. Got to hold my hands up on that one totally my fault you left me the space and I still manage to clip the curb which started the send my car around and collected you on the way. Once these cars let go, they let go, big time.

It was at this point I realise TeamSpeak was no longer transmitting my voice. Because I didn't get any response from what I was saying to you. I did when I good the wait for you but I suppose I could have done more but when I looked in my mirrors you were spinning on the spot just as you were coming onto the track. Been there done that, and will probably do it again, bloody frustrating. Next thing I know you're 20 + seconds behind me I tried to do what I could to slow down without getting in anybody else is way and hoping that you would catch up within a couple of laps or so. I kept on saying nail it mate you can catch me was something of those lines still no response so I did a mic check by asking if anybody can hear me I heard nothing back. Nobody can hear me. A application for disaster, so after another crash any,nobody wants to meet a car stuck in the middle of a track, especially this track. So I thought it best to retire from the event. Note to self be more patient do not touch that f****** curb.
    Incidentally I figured out why my microphone was muted just after bailing out on the race. I've got a button to mute and volume up and down on the cable need I say more, senile old goat.
    Anyway once again my apologies for ruining your race.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    That's the joy of club racing, it allows you to have mishaps but you're among friends so you can laugh it off and go again next time:D

I could see the way the cars grip levels went with some real ass shaking and a sense that they could lose it at any moment.
    Of course Bathurst ain't the place to lose it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Well @paulbee058, I can't speak for everyone but personally I think your're doing fine. All of us, including the "aliens" in our midst, have had instances like you had. It just happens and you try to learn from it and move on but it's not a reason to stay away. The Golden Rule is in effect for just this specific type of event and as long as that's obeyed I don't think anyone here would hold any bad feelings against you.

The fact that they didn't kick me out a long time ago is proof that courtesy and a good attitude are more important than good driving skills. This is a great bunch of guys and we're just here to have fun, and yeah, :poop: happens sometimes but we've all been there and feel your pain. That's my take on things anyway.:thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Apology accepted mate. It was really a shock to be hit from the side as opposed to being tail-ended and it took me a couple of seconds to gather myself and focus on getting back on the track once we came to rest against the wall. Then when I heard nothing from you I found your silence was more upsetting than the incident itself. I understand now and as I said, apology accepted.

• Beer Beer x 3
  7. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Hmmmmm, car felt ok for a change, in fact rather good indeed, unfortunately my puppyesq enthusiasm to shake my right paw or should I say screw it into the ground, cost me dearly. How I didn't pirouette on numerous occasions, belies belief. Tiz a great car/track combo but out of 35 minutes I bet only 5 of those were spent in close proximity to anyone, I guess this length and style of track lends itself to spreading the field thinly, bigger field needed me thinks, where's Ross when you need him. :D
    Pleasure as always gents, look forward to the next adventure! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.