Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Is it safe to assume that the drivers are not showing up because they have the same number in the same team or in different teams as another year.
That normally happens when two mods have the same Team names, i.e. a team "Ferrari" in 94 and in 95, the drivers for one Team will then show up in the other years team. rfactortools however should already fix that automatically via the "Unique Team Names" option, which is enabled by default and appends the mod name to the Team name.

Not sure if there are further conflicts when drivers have the same name, haven't tried that.

I have a single GSC2013 install for 1990s F1 mods. I have noticed that in some of the mods certain drivers do not show up. Ie Michael Schumacher - in 1993 & 4 he had the number 5.
FraPP!!!

I am running a 1992 F1 mod, and have edited it so that the 91 season appears as well but separately in the main GSC menu. This might help you.

Go to the veh file for the driver and look at the classes line, something like this:

Classes="reiza5, 1992f1"

Now, copy the whole veh file and rename it. So if your original is called MSchumacher92.veh, call the copy MSchumacher91

In the MSchumacher91.veh file that you have just created, change the classes line to read:

Classes="reiza6, F1_1991" or similar.

Now when you go in game, you will have created a new 91 season under the reiza6 vehicles (with Schumacher as the only driver until you do the same for the others).

Hope that helps :)

Keith - Thank You for the advice. I actually got it all sorted. I renamed the MSchumacher_05 folder to MSchumacher93_05, renamed the .veh and number.tga files to the same (not sure whether or not I needed to rename number.tga). I did this with all "overlaps" from 1990 - 1994 and everything is fine. It was somewhat time consuming, but, well worth it. The only problem with this tool is that it works so well and it is "making" me convert all my rF mods to GSC mods. I am so happy I spent the money for GSC. It really is what rF and even Sim Raceway should have been. Total big-ups to Team Reiza. We have 2 big name titles under development for several years now and neither holds a candle to what these guys have done with a 6 year old game. I would love to see dynamic track and weather conditions implemented. Heaven!

Thank You again Keith and grumbel.

FraPP!!!

Last edited:
Sebby70 submitted a new resource:

Pack F1 V12 by SEB SKIN'S - Team F1 1995 for game Stock Car Extreme

Team F1 1995 for game Stock Car Extreme

Marlboro McLaren Mercedes
Mild Seven Benetton Renault
Scuderia Ferrari
Williams Renault
Footwork Hart
Ligier Gitanes
Minardi Ford
MTV Simtek Ford
Nokia Tyrrell Yamaha
Total Jordan Peugeot
Parmalat Forti Ford
RedBull Sauber Ford
Pacific Grand Prix

Les skins sont la propriété exclusive de SEB SKIN'S
Toutes utilisations, modifications sans autorisation préalable entrainera des poursuites.

Mail : seb70190@hotmail.fr...

Read more about this resource...

There are already a few remote HUDs for rFactor available, but I couldn't find one that quite fits my needs. I looked a into:
  • vracingDisplay, doesn't display enough info
  • DashMeterPro, has the basic car info, but lacks stats on other drivers
  • rfDynHUD nice, but doesn't have a remote display component
  • rF-SkinHUD looks good, but seems to have disappeared from the Internet
  • Z1 Dashboard, to expensive
On top of that I wanted something I could run on an older non-OpenGL Linux laptop and I don't think any of them would do that. So I wrote my own HUD, it's fully Open Source and easy to customize. You can drag&drop the widgets around, resize them and since it's all written in Python2.7, Gtk and Cairo it's very easy to write new widget if you have to.

A prebuild version of the rFactor plugin .dll is available at:
The client side is currently only available in the Git repository, as it's still rather unfinished, buggy and not exactly ready for a release:
A proper release might follow a few weeks down the line.

Finally a little screenshot:

BBeRfSo.png

If somebody has some suggestions or feature request, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back