DTM 1992 Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience

RaceRoom | DTM 1992 Teaser

Sector 3 Studios announced recently in a live dev stream broadcast they will be adding a DTM 1992 pack. The cars they have teased us with are the Audi V8 DTM, BMW M3 Sport Evolution, Ford Mustang GT DTM, Mercedes 190E EVO II DTM, and Opel Omega 3000 Evo 500.

This should make for another excellent addition to the already massive variety of content available for R3E.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

Last edited:
Great news. Now we need dedicated servers or at least a way to setup our own league servers instead of having to share with the usual crashers and T1 heroes.
Hey Corrado! We have tried to setup a series of events using a Steam Group at the moment!
If you've missed them take a look here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/eu-us-gentlemen-start-your-routers-phase-2.97054/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/eu-us-gentlemen-start-your-routers-phase-3.97192/

That's great. I'd love to participate, but for some bizarre reason, my browser based Steam is in german and when I go to the Steam app it tells me I need an invite, but I am not sure how to go about it. I'll ask in the forum link you provided. Thanks.

PS: Are they ever going to release a dedicated server or maybe follow my suggestion and go the way of iRacing with low cost rental of good servers and stop charging for Liveries instead?

Very much looking forward to this. I hope S3S have dropped the old Simbin approach of equalising car performance. Having just watched the season review, the Merc was typically the quickest car but had the most fragile engine. I guess modelling engine reliability would probably not be popular.

equalising car performance is a very real approach especially in todays world , tudor /wec/blancpain etc

and in my opinion ,in r3e cars arent the same , some are better on brakes , some on grunt out of corners and some on areo top end etc etc ; this gives the balance so the cars are within a tenth or so when you find the sweet spot , but dont feel the same when driving

at the end of the day the idea is to create a racing environment but if one car was way quicker than the rest then there would be no point moddling the rest as no one would use them ; just my 5 cents worth

Andi

equalising car performance is a very real approach especially in todays world , tudor /wec/blancpain etc

I think the key words are "today's world", though if I bought an F1 game I wouldn't call it a sim if the Caterham had the same performance as the Mercedes.

But we are talking about 20 years ago in this topic and in the past there were no weight penalties or boost adjustments. I found it hard to take the Retro pack for RACE 07 seriously. For me GT Legends had the right approach.

I think the key words are "today's world", though if I bought an F1 game I wouldn't call it a sim if the Caterham had the same performance as the Mercedes.
F1 is not a good example regarding equal performance.
But all the series, Andi has mentioned, have a rule set called Balance of performance (in short BOP). Things like air restrictors, weight penalties, limiting fuel flow, etc. are used to balance out the performance of cars from different manufacturers. Mostly the BOP will slighlty updated for every race.

I think some artificial balancing is a good thing for the sake of competitive racing. You always find players gravitate to the fastest and/or easiest to drive cars, particularly in multiplayer, so anything that can be done to avoid this is a good thing in my opinion.

Take WTCC 2014, for instance. Citroen were dominant this year with a beautifully balanced car that had a top end speed advantage. If this is recreated in R3E then everybody will drive a Citroen in online races and leaderboard challenges. To me that's no fun (like watching the real WTCC 2014 at times). Artificially balancing the field so the Hondas, Chevrolets and Ladas can compete makes for a better experience. The faster drivers can be made so via the talent file i.e. you want to see Muller, Lopez and Loeb at the head of the field for a sense of realism in offline races.

Luckily ADAC GT Masters, and GT3 cars in general, are very well balanced so there isn't a stand-out car as such.

Hopefully there is room for all preferences. Please remember that on-line racers are a minority of sim racers. There are plenty of options for single spec racing already out there. A key issue I have with Reiza is that all they offer is spec racing.

I can live with "balancing" if it is part of a series regulations, but IMO it would be a real shame if S3S could not offer at least one series where the regulations did not include equalisation so that those of us who prefer the variety and realism of different performance levels can have this option.

Some GTL leagues put the faster drivers in the slower cars to make the racing closer. One of the best races I saw was Gregger Huttu racing in GTL driving an Abarth against Mustangs, Falcons, Cortinas and GTAs.

Hi
This is a 'must-have' as it represents a era in Touring Car racing not yet seen again. To me in general nowadays, these modern cars are driven from the pits...
I would just like to ask the developers that in the final release, the external/internal sounds of the BMW and Mercedes be more realistic as it would add to the realism. The sounds in the teaser video are not near to what these cars revving to 9000rpm should sound like.

Much appreciate and Thank You...

Hi
This is a 'must-have' as it represents a era in Touring Car racing not yet seen again. To me in general nowadays, these modern cars are driven from the pits...
I would just like to ask the developers that in the final release, the external/internal sounds of the BMW and Mercedes be more realistic as it would add to the realism. The sounds in the teaser video are not near to what these cars revving to 9000rpm should sound like.

Much appreciate and Thank You...
Don't worry about the sound, I already had a few nightmares because of it.

... old tracks like Alemannenring
Alemannenring? That's a very difficult track layout. I think i would need 2-3 weeks to learn the track. :roflmao:;)

491px-alemannenring.sdkjql.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back