Simracing while drunk

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

Have yo ever drive car while drunk? Want to share experience?

• Deleted member 963434

yo never drive drunk or dont want to share yo experience huh? :sneaky:
how baus like 2 beers? i noticed my lap times gettin better after 2 beers

• Deleted member 963434

shamely i must admit i made this post i mean driving in real life when drunk lol
but speaking of simracing while drunk i do it a lot, as today i already drank 3 beers and it still 5 to drink, ac public lobbies beware xD

shamely i must admit i made this post i mean driving in real life when drunk lol
but speaking of simracing while drunk i do it a lot, as today i already drank 3 beers and it still 5 to drink, ac public lobbies beware xD

My 14 year old niece was murdered a week before Christmas 2000 by a drunk driver.

She was walking home from school along a country road when a drunk dick in a van hit her - his wing mirror almost took her head off, and she was thrown through a hedge into a field where she lay for a number of hours into the middle of the night before she passed away. The police managed to match the paint chips from his wing mirror to the ones in her skull.

Try standing at a funeral with 300 people with a closed casket, and watch a family destroyed.

Try watching her mother (my sister) become an alcoholic and her marriage dissolve because of the grief. My family has still not gotten over this 20 years later. The Christmas toasts to "absent friends" never get any less emotional.

I post this in the hope you can grow up and consider your actions in real life.

If my own wife had a pint and drove her car I would report her to the police.

Any chance you might grow up before you do prison time? Or does it take YOU to murder someone?

Last edited:
I lost my best friend 16 years ago, when 13 years old due to a skiing accident.
He never came home from the class trip (different classes, he and me).
He was my childhood neighbor since we were born and I could watch his family become a shadow of themselves like Nibiru mentions.

To post back on topic:
2 years ago I opened a nice bottle of beer, sat down to enjoy some good music when I got a message from a sim racing buddy that he'd like me to join a Toyota gt86 race around brands hatch indy here on racedepartment.

I thought to myself "well, can't be more easy mode and casual than this combination".
But you don't really have a straight at that track so I just drank the beer within a minute, jumped on the server and had 3 laps of qualy left and then the race started.

Oh boy.. I started pretty much last and was very careful but it was like driving with a bad ping. But the ping was also to my wheel and pedals...

I didn't feel drunk at all but I almost hit the drivers in front of me or next to me multiple times. Luckily I didn't ruin anyone's race but wow!
I really sucked and I could feel the massive "input lag" from eyes to body...

So nope, I can't recommend it at all and this experience showed me to never, never never drive a real car after even only one beer.
At least not for 2-3 hours.

The sim race was 2x 20 minutes.
The second half of the second race was "back to normal" but the first race.. Won't forget that.

In real life, if it's a route you have routine on, you don't really actively drive.
So it might feel like it's all normal and if nothing requires special attention, you'll make it home safely without issues.

But if there's a situation... Then you're really screwed. Or the others are, because of you.

After all I really recommend to do a race against the ai after having a beer or two.
You'll see how difficult it'll be not to crash...

• Deleted member 963434

then yo have weak head if yo drunk by just one beer. one beer does nothing and even police can catch yo after one beer if yo drunk 15 minutes earlier alcohol tester dont show nothing. i know its something like (depends of one physics) 1 beer go after 15 minutes, 2 beers go about 3 hours, 3 beers can be more than 6 hours and more yo drink it go later. im not even drunk after one beer, 2-3 beers makin my laps better cause i have more courage then to brake later and go on throttle earlier even if i go on throttle earlier and spin a bit so i must make corrections then, im still faster wchich i can not gain by being sober right now i guess i must practice more being sober
but thing between real life and sims drunk drivin is yo can be drunk and drive in sim good cause yo sittin still in yo room, when yo drive in real life g forces even small forces affect yo body and tis make yo loss concentration.

then yo have weak head if yo drunk by just one beer
As I said "I didn't feel drunk AT ALL". Also doing hotlapping alone felt pretty fine during Qualy. But racing with real human drivers on a track felt awful. I was simply too low in my reactions.
im not even drunk after one beer, 2-3 beers makin my laps better cause i have more courage then to brake later and go on throttle earlier
Then I guess you have the weak head, not me, if you need to numb yourself down to hit the limits of the car better.

Actually that's definitely a thing. Like speaking another language more easily and fluidly when having a drink.
But if you actually don't suck in that language, youre wordings and phrasing will definitely be on a higher level while being sober.
Only if you struggle to speak in that language at all, a bit of alcohol will help.

Wreckfest FTW!!!!

Soo Good.... But it is easy to get salty if you are used to proper racing. But once you embrace what it is.. well, I can be 6 beers in and I am still having good times.

then yo have weak head if yo drunk by just one beer.

No, This is not true., I am a Heavy drinker and Even after 1 beer my lap times go to hell.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back