DRSSound Fix

Apps DRSSound Fix 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
favorit1 submitted a new resource:

DRSSound Fix 2.0 - Simple app that plays a sound when DRS is available or enabled

DRSSound is a mod for Assetto Corsa by sffraser uploaded in 2018. Since then, the mod stopped working on newer versions of AC and on non-windows machines, with no fix coming from the original author.

Having some mediocre Python knowledge, I came up with a fix that should solve most issues.

Wait so what does this mod do in the first place?
(taken from original post)
This app will give you an audio cue for when...

Read more about this resource...

Great work on your app but I have a small problem the sound is really low I couldn't hear it much when the engine is at max RPM I already have my UI sound setting at 100%. Any idea on how to increase the sound? Thanks!

Last edited:
Great work on your app but I have a small problem the sound is really low I couldn't hear it much when the engine is at max RPM I already have my UI sound setting at 100%. Any idea on how to increase the sound? Thanks!
Thanks!
It's something I wanted to fix long time ago, along with a complete sound revamp. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get into it since.

favorit1 updated DRSSound Fix with a new update entry:

version 3.0: Holy **** it's a volume slider!

Hi, after a while of mostly procrastinating, I added a volume slider, as well as done some other minor changes that you won't care about, I know all you want is that volume slider

Changelog:
  • What? A volume slider??
    • That's right, for the price of one update, you get not one, not two, but THREE volume sliders! One for each sound and one master volume.
    • They're accessible from the Content Manager app settings
    • Going past 100% volume is not recommended due...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you need the very large 'pydubDRS' folder for the mod to work? The two sound files and a .py file are in the main dir, but you have sooo many extra megabytes in pydubDRS and I wasn't sure they're needed.

Crashes the game with the pydubDRS folder in the app's folder. Doesn't work without it as well, no sound on DRS zones or when turning DRS on and off...

Crashes the game with the pydubDRS folder in the app's folder. Doesn't work without it as well, no sound on DRS zones or when turning DRS on and off...
Hi, yes, pydub is needed for the volume editing, however I might work on reducing its size next update (since I'm not using all of it's functionalities).
As for the game crashing, have you tried updating Sol (or installing it if you haven't for it already)? This is a known issue and I'll update the mod page immediately about it. I'll also be working on trying to get around the Sol issue.
If you update Sol and still encounter issues, please contact me in my DMs, I check my Race Department notifications pretty regularly.

Is it possible to do sounds for other UI elements and events?
AC is very lacking in audible feedback. It'd be great to have F1-like lights out sound FX at the start of a race and simple "team radio" for coloured flags, fastest & final lap.

I have a strange issue. I race in VR with the quest 2. I have installed the drs sound app and it works. Only weird thing is the drs sound is the only sound coming from the headset itself and the rest of the audio from the game is coming through my headphone. Any idea how to get the drs sound to also go through my headphone? Headphone is connected to my pc.

I have a strange issue. I race in VR with the quest 2. I have installed the drs sound app and it works. Only weird thing is the drs sound is the only sound coming from the headset itself and the rest of the audio from the game is coming through my headphone. Any idea how to get the drs sound to also go through my headphone? Headphone is connected to my pc.
That may be an issue with the python extension. It should use the default sound device, but I'll have a look at perhaps updating it to include support for alternate output sources.

Seems like exactly the kind of app I could use. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I tried installing through CM, nothing. I tried installing manually, nothing. I tried installing the old version first, and then your fix on top of it (which, btw, it's not really clear from your post if the old version is required or not), nothing. I opened up the Python Apps Debug window, and though I don't know how to send a copy of the whole error log, I did take a screenshot of what I could fit on screen. It just goes on and on for thousands of entries.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 57

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%