F1 2011 DRS Confirmed for F1 2011 - Oh god help us!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am very happy that DRS will be in the game and I hope it is manual. Yes, it may make overtaking too easy during the race, but I think it would be awesome to use in Practice and Qualifying, and would be awesome to have as a manual setting so you could choose how early in a corner to use it. If it was only automated then there is a good chance that that the system would only be deployed at the same time out of a corner for all cars, instead of adjusting to how much down force the car has. For example, at the Grand Prix in Spain a while back, the Red Bull's could use DRS through the whole last corner, while others could not. And it would also be great to use as to test out the limits of your cars traction through the corners.

The whole point of DRS was to create more overtaking opportunities in F1 and that's what we're seeing.
If someone overtakes you on one lap who's doing the same pace as you, you can expect to retake them the next time round if you stick on them. If overtaking is too "easy" (in multiplayer) then you're obviously racing someone who is less experienced than you (or has the completely wrong setup etc.).
DRS should make overtaking a little more challenging, strategic and exciting, not easy. Where's the fun in easy?

F-duct was the thing last year so it stands to reason KERS and DRS will be front and center for F12011. The main thing I'll be looking out for is if DRS, like F-duct, will be automatically deployed in the zones or will we have the option to work it manually, the same goes for KERS. I prefer this stuff to be manual.

Huh? since when F1 2010 has f-duct? Been playing it for months, I must either blind or it does not exist

As long as the rest of the physics in the cars are adjusted to be much more realistic with all aids off, I think it is fine since it is in real F1, but we already see lap times that are far better than real life because people are able to run much lower wings and setups that wouldn't be possible if the car was behaving properly.

Once that is nailed, KERS and DRS could then act properly on top of that. Otherwise, we will just get even more unrealistic lap times with cars doing even more unrealistic speeds on the straights than they already are.

In short, hopefully we don't see guys taking more time off their laps than the already crazy 8 seconds faster than the lap records at places like Kuala Lumpur.

I will bet real money that this new game will be even worse than the old one, which incidentally was not even finished.

Slower fps,
AI that are twice as crap and impossible to fix,
Only half the game will be on the disk the rest will need to be downloaded,

Modders will be doing overtime on release day if they are daft enough to buy it.

Chronic pessimist lol, very little in this world lives up to expectations but there are some surprises around.

Codemasters have always rushed stuff out and never bother polishing, so its sound to assume the same will happen with 2011.

You would be surprised how many people in this business get bribes, especially reviewers, and they never go very deep into a game because of time restrictions or lack of skill.

Chronic pessimist lol, very little in this world lives up to expectations but there are some surprises around.

Codemasters have always rushed stuff out and never bother polishing, so its sound to assume the same will happen with 2011.

You would be surprised how many people in this business get bribes, especially reviewers, and they never go very deep into a game because of time restrictions or lack of skill.

Jesus, you're so depressing. Do us all a favour and stop posting you pessimistic loser.

Edit: Banned, nice one.

Hi, the makers of the game say if you do the perfect lap while deploying both DRS and Kers then you will only be able to knock a second off. So it sounds like it is not going to be a complete cheat!! Lets hope so hey.
i really hope so, im buying a G27 just for this game, 2 weeks ago i was so convinced i wouldn't buy it, but people and videos changed my mind! Fingers crossed it is good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%