Resource icon

Misc DRS Anywhere 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
sethisuwan submitted a new resource:

DRS available anywhere at all tracks. - DRS available for use at all times during practice and qualifying.

DRS regulations rolled back to the 2011 and 2012 seasons, whereby you could open your DRS at any point, any time on the track. This also includes at Brands Hatch and Jerez.

PS* Thanks to Melphiz for figuring out where the DRS triggers files are located in the game. This is basically an inverse of his No-DRS mod.

59ot.jpg

hqon.jpg

vyfn.jpg

Please use this mod for Time Trials/Attacks online with discretion.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
"online with discretion"

Does this mean that it is possible to use online? If so, your mod could destroy public online gaming... I dont hope so.

Last edited:
"online with discretion"

Does this mean that it is possible to use online? If so, your mod could destroy public online gaming... I dont hope so.

I haven't tried yet. But by theory I think it so, it could be. But so could all mods that enhance car performance, tire grip, KERS-capacity and so on?

I haven't tried yet. But by theory I think it so, it could be. But so could all mods that enhance car performance, tire grip, KERS-capacity and so on?

Nothing against your work, i am just a bit worried about it. Dont want to have cheaters...

I said it because a guy of our league saw someone with open DRS in Spa, in front of Pouhon. And thats frustrating. KERS capaticy was changed in the ctf files. These files are checked from the game, so i dont think they work online

Nothing against your work, i am just a bit worried about it. Dont want to have cheaters...

I said it because a guy of our league saw someone with open DRS in Spa, in front of Pouhon. And thats frustrating. KERS capaticy was changed in the ctf files. These files are checked from the game, so i dont think they work online

This file is modified at triggers_pit.xml in the route_0 folders in each circuit. The following line was added.

<trigger type="Vehicle2DSector">
<base_params name="rear_wing_timing" id="50" /> (or highest number available)
<params playerOnly="False" numberOfPoints="4">
<point_2d x="-1000.0000" y="1000.0000" />
<point_2d x="1000.0000" y="1000.0000" />
<point_2d x="1000.0000" y="-1000.0000" />
<point_2d x="-1000.0000" y="-1000.0000" />
</params>
</trigger>

I'm not sure if triggers_pit.xml file is used locally or online?

Interesting, so he took my NO-DRS parameters changed the "base_params name" into the opposite :D and pasted them into the triggers_pit.xml, haha
I wonder if the game will be confused having this base now multiple times defined [for example as ID 42 and ID 50 in Abu_Dhabi]

If some issues come up, you may better delete all other previous wing timings as I did in NO DRS ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods like this destroy the confience we have in online system! Sorry, I don't aprove! :(:(
Says more about the online system itself.

Another reason to switch to dedicated servers that have a file check system in place and boot every player with a non vanilla game. It's common for every PC simracing game out there made by tiny development teams with ditto budgets.

Raised this a thousand times now over the last couple of years but still we are stuck with a self hosted lobby system that is flawed.

Personally I'd say, delete this mod and get rid of it. On the other hand, if every good willing modder can make this it won't be very hard for evil cheaters to do the same.

But lets be honest, these leaderboards and online races have had their share of cheaters every year since the first title was launched in 2010 and the reason why I never race this game online while it could have been fantastic to have a full room of 22 drivers on a dedicated server. Food for thought?

Still if anybody from Codemasters has problems with such a mod, they can click the "report" button beneath the post/file and we will take it down of course.

Not a fan of online racing anyway but mods like this put me off even more, I hope CM get off their arse and do something about it.

having put the file tracks into f1 2013..tracks.i cant get this mod to work,tried also putting circuits,into circuits.but to no avail,any help would be thankfull,as i want to use this mod for carrer

Well this mod only works for practice and qualifying. (Like 2011, 2012 seasons). Have you tried and checked if its working during practice and qualifying? During race its just normal DRS, need to be within 1-second of car ahead within DRS-detection zone then you can use it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back