F1 2011 DRS and KERS

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Just how are we going to be able to use them in F1 2011 (if they are in the game)

Are there enough buttons left for us to use for them

I use the xbox controller for PC as well
If we can assign the KERS and DRS to the "press" function of the analog triggers, I think I'd be ok with that. KERS on the left one (since you don't have to steer much when it's deployed... kinda) and DRS on the right maybe?
Either that or I'd remap and get rid of some functions. "Gear Up" and "Gear Down" might be replaced until I decide to start using manual gearing. Who knows?

And if you cant afford it? anyway there shouldnt be the option to change you front wing, whilst being on track, if they are going by this years rules which they are, so that will free up a couple of buttons!!

I think DRS will be activated (on gamerpads) on the D-pad, as there will be no front wing changes allowed (at least there shouldn't be) and it will close when brakes are applied. Kers should be a hold to use button, but I'd settle for a push to start and push again to stop system with the L3 or R3 buttons.

I hope DRS will not be activated automatically during races if you are within the activation zone, hopefully it's all manual or at least with the option to go manual or auto. Same with Kers.

While we are talking about KERS (for a newbie to racing games like me) I would like to know when is the best time to use kers. I know it will be different for every track and situation but i was wondering if there is a general rule of thumb of how to best use the kers function (i know drivers use it on the start of a GP and some use to counter DRS from a driver behind). but other than that trial and error would sound exhausting.

While we are talking about KERS (for a newbie to racing games like me) I would like to know when is the best time to use kers. I know it will be different for every track and situation but i was wondering if there is a general rule of thumb of how to best use the kers function (i know drivers use it on the start of a GP and some use to counter DRS from a driver behind). but other than that trial and error would sound exhausting.

When I'm watching onboard views the drivers usually use it when accelerating out of corners, especially the ones that lead on to straights.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back