DiRT Rally Dropping out of gear

As much as I'm impressed with all the recent changes one bug (feature?) is only getting worse: randomly dropping out of gear, or missing changes and being stuck unable to change back into gear. Not sure if it only affects G27 H shifters but it's bloody annoying. It seems the only way to get back into gear is clutch in, change to neutral, clutch out, clutch in and change back into gear.

So is this actually a feature? Maybe on a clapped out 60s car but I'd be pretty angry spending 100+ grand on a real 2010s car only to have it drop out of gear mid rally several times every stage.

2010 cars have sequential gearbox so you shouldn't really have any problems there (unless you want to stick to manual with every single car then you have to wait until codies resolve the problem - it is annoying, I know :) )

Yeah, tried one stage after the update, not playing until it's completely fixed. The dropping out of gear was bad enough and at times almost made it unplayable before the update. Since the update, to basically have to waste seconds in order to change/re-engage a gear when it happens is ridiculous. All I drive is Group A or older cars, so I'll always run into this.

Last edited:
Yeah, tried one stage after the update, not playing until it's completely fixed. The dropping out of gear was bad enough and at times almost made it unplayable before the update. Since the update, to basically have to waste seconds in order to change/re-engage a gear when it happens is ridiculous. All I drive is Group A or older cars, so I'll always run into this.

Never had this issue on G25. Try reporting it to the team on the CM forum or Twitter or Steam.

got it going on w7 64 .go too my documents ,open dirt rally folder ,then hardware folder , then hardware settings config file open this file with notepad and change this line too,<controls neutralTimeToShift="0.00 before it was 0.25 now its good for me

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%