AC DRM Revival @ Spa - Thu 27Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Bobby Pennington could you please make sure that people who sign up with the BMW 320i get the RMT 120_2 (the one which includes the blue Fruit of the Loom livery).

This is the last version of the 320i that raced in the DRM which also has a proper adjustable differential. The older version does have a fixed differential and makes it quite difficult to get rid of the understeering around Spa.

Apart from the differential setup there is no significant difference between the cars and even setups are quite compatible with similar lap times possible until you get into the differential settings to make Eau Rouge, Pouhon and Blanchimont work more efficiently.

Be careful - the Real Name mod has the actual car manufacturing dates all wrong (dating the more advanced 320i older than the actual older one).

The newer car is the "1977" version according to the wrong Real Name patch it should rather be something like the "1978/79" version (The Schnitzer team ran in 77 NON-turbocharged 2 l versions of the 320i as the BMW Junior Team in the cars first season).

It's a pity we don't have many signing up for the Division 2 cars :-( It will be a lonely race back in the field of 2x BMW 320i

Gentlemen, here is an important reminder to make sure that the race car you bring tomorrow does comply to the FIA Group 5 regulations.

Please read careful:
https://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/whistj?open
Specifically Art. 269 (Apendix J 1976) is of importance:
https://argent.fia.com/web/fia-publ...4A5003C6CA0/$FILE/Hist_App_J_76_Art_269_a.pdf

Every car will be measured precisely.

giphy.gif

Illegal body work will be removed during enhanced scruteneering (for The Convict aka @InsaneOzzie thats s c r o t u m e e r i n g)

giphy.gif

Now off we go to the last chance of OPEN PRACTICE gents!

Last edited:
A dive bomb is where someone is more than a car length back and then pulls out right at the braking zone to get their nose in there. It's something we see in real racing, but with the limited view we have in sims, it can lead to tears so it's discouraged in club racing. League racing is altogether different. There were a few times I felt close enough that it wouldn't be a dive bomb, but it was at Brooklands / Luffield and coming out of the chicane going into Club. Those areas are tough. I had the chance once, but you have the right to the corner as well, so when you turned in, I backed off. These events are about me having fun with you guys. Now, on Friday night in a GT3 race, it's a little more serious and the only way we can grow our race craft is to be a little more serious. Then in the same set of circumstances, I may have put my nose there and would expect you to allow me a little racing room. Make sense?

Anyway, I hope you understand and it was a blast racing you:)
Ok I see now, thanks for your explanation, it's very appreciated. There was a few time during the race that you could have done that but you just kept applying a bit of pressure without being too aggressive. I resisted for a few lap but finaly I went too wide at a corner, copse if I remember, and you and Scott passed me there.

Dive bombing is sticking the nose in after someone's already started committing to the corner, without allowing any reserves for backing out of the maneuver; legitimate move in some cases ( it's a popular way of passing at Druids at Brands ), but quite often it'll end up with a collision, especially with the limited mirrors we have in sims unless you're running triple screen or VR.

I've spent all week attempting to get my rig stable, not sure I managed it yet. Most of the time it's been crashing before I even get to Les Combes on a practice outlap :(. Will try & turn up but no guarantees I'll make it through the entire thing.

For wich of the two Lancia this setup is for? I don't know at what point they are different. On my part, I praticed with the one with the Martini's livery sooner this week.

I imagine it'll work for both. But, I was using the car that was on the server. I will note that it is TRICKY to drive. the ford Capri which I tested out, is quite a bit faster and much more stable.

@Bobby Pennington could you please make sure that people who sign up with the BMW 320i get the RMT 120_2 (the one which includes the blue Fruit of the Loom livery).

This is the last version of the 320i that raced in the DRM which also has a proper adjustable differential. The older version does have a fixed differential and makes it quite difficult to get rid of the understeering around Spa.

Apart from the differential setup there is no significant difference between the cars and even setups are quite compatible with similar lap times possible until you get into the differential settings to make Eau Rouge, Pouhon and Blanchimont work more efficiently.

Be careful - the Real Name mod has the actual car manufacturing dates all wrong (dating the more advanced 320i older than the actual older one).

The newer car is the "1977" version according to the wrong Real Name patch it should rather be something like the "1978/79" version (The Schnitzer team ran in 77 NON-turbocharged 2 l versions of the 320i as the BMW Junior Team in the cars first season).

It's a pity we don't have many signing up for the Division 2 cars :-( It will be a lonely race back in the field of 2x BMW 320i
Will do. Thank you.

If it's possible to still grab a spot in this Bobby, I'll have the Capri please :thumbsup:
Of course it is Stephen. Glad to see you join in. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend, but I will have the server up and ready to go. Would you be so kind as to be the admin for tonight? These are a great group of guys and they can run this themselves, but since you're going to be around, we can be all official..............even it is with the Hooligans:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back