rF2 DRM Revival @ Rouen-Les-Essarts - Wednesday July 20th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
pz15Y.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM DRM
Mod:
DRM Revival 1.1 (For those who have v1.0 you can patch to v1.1 HERE)
Track:
Rouen-Les-Essarts (1974-1994 Layout)

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (1 Hour, Formation Lap + Rolling Start) (Read Note 3 for details)

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Notes:

We recommend you read the manual beforehand which gives details about how to set up the game and the cars within the mod. English Manual German Manual

Do not over-rev the engine, particularly when in 1st gear, as this can easily lead to a blown engine.

This race will be a manual formation lap with a rolling start. This means that once the light goes green the leader gradually speeds up to around 120 km/h (75mph) and drives in this pace towards the last corner. All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. If you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there. When exiting the last corner the leader can go full throttle and the rest of the pack follows. No overtaking before the start/finish line. The formation lap will count as part of the 1 hour race.

4. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]234[/signuplist]

Not a good race. qually was good. 7th. The start I messed up I was to slow out of the last corner. In the second race lap I hit Omar (sorry for that) when he overtook me just before the chicane. Lost the car and, as I found out later, I cut the track. Was dead last. Tried to make something of it but hit the wall and wrecked the car.

I had a great time, racing was ace. Grats to George, Jeff and Adam. Thankyou to all my fellow racers, to Adam and RD.

I did seem to find trouble, where ever it appeared.... lol.

First time enduro for me, qual in the back half, the start caught me by surprise. was expecting standing start. lol.
managed to finish 6th though (i think.. forgotten already)

appologies if i got in the way of the fast guys :(

thanx for a sweet race gents :)

looking forward to many more.

Had a bad qually due to some un sportly drivers flashing there lights. I will park this one they know who they are.
Had a good start, had to do a couple of avoidance tactics during the race to not get tangled in another drivers accident.

Think i was penilised some time at one stage in the hair pin after missing another competitor and returning to the circiut via cross country.

Had some good laps trying to match the leaders pace after letting them pass after being lapped.
Top 7 finish, it pays to stay and fight. I still cannot understand why some competitors opt out once they have a off.

Had fun tonight.
Thank Adam and RD

Quali: Managed to take 1 second off my PB in the dying seconds so started in P3.

Race: Took the confidence of Quali into the race and had a great battle early on following Jeff and George, with Eck just behind. George eventually got past Jeff after several attempts and pulled away from us. I tried a few times to get past Jeff and the final attempt led to me getting overtaken by Eck. A few laps later I was too fast out of the downhill chicane and nudged Eck in the rear. Luckily nothing ,uch happened other than Anders taking the pair of us. Later that lap Jeff spun and dropped behind us. Anders and Eck pulled away from me for a while but then I somehow did a lap that matched my quali time and just happened to be the fastest of the whole race as well. This meant I closed right back up to them but a misunderstanding with a couple of backmarkers put Eck and Anders off the track. I chased down George and got to within 3 seconds before my stop. Decided to take front tyres as I felt I needed them to jump George in the stop. I came back out in 4th and chased down Eck who was 20 seconds up the road. I noticed George had pitted and kept his lead so I just focused on Eck, wandering if he still needed to pit. Then with the gap down to less than 10 seconds, Eck had an issue at the final corner allowing me through into 3rd. Jeff was 20 seconds ahead but by the end of the race, I was only 6 seconds off him, lapping only 1 second off my fastest lap. Had the speed tonight but just got stuck in the pack :frown:

Thanks guys for racing.

i had a bad qualify, couldn't match my practice times so i qualyfied almost at last.

At the race i was able to keep up with the guys in front of me, until i missed a braking spot and to avoid collecting Cameron McGreeg i put miself at his side but i wasn't able to avoid contact and making him spin, when he caugth up with me again i let him pass. In the next lap i spun and hit the wall, made some damage to the front left of the car and caused a puncture, i pitted to fix it and i was able to end the race whittout pitting any more. The rest of the race i just tried hto goes as fast and consistent as i could and not making the faster cars lose to much time behind me. At the end i was able to finish in 8 place, which wasn't a bad result taking in account that i was stopped at the pits for almost a minute and i haven't been as fast as the guys in the front.
Congratulations to the guys in the podium, and all the others for the great race. ;)

Amazing.. managed to keep the only one M1 on the track for 54 mins, than wrecked it. Made it to the pit and the magic mechanics repaired the car so that I finished 9th (and 2nd last).
I love the engine sound of the 6cyl - Great work I really enjoy.

@Mike: Well, to be honest I do not know the meaning of the words 'thanks for the dices' .. would you mind to explain ?

Really enjoyed tonight, not a bad grid for a tough mod and track combo but made for very rewarding racing when you got it right.

Thought I would get pole but got pipped in the dying moments of quali, nice lap Jeff.

Race was exciting at the start with Jeff defending well, made a few attempts to get passed but just wasn't safe enough. A waited a bit and managed to get him on the back straight and pulled a bit of a gap, I new I would have to drive fast to try and make enough of a gap for a pit stop, I was gifted this time when Anders got into trouble with back markers and later on I think Jeff must of had an issue as he dropped a lot of time, a did my pit stop and was only a few seconds behind Jeff, I quickly got past him and brought it home for the win.

First time out in these at RD and really enjoyed it, cheers Adam and RD for a great race. See you next time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back