Cars DRM Revival PART1 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say it's impossible as that's what I used in my test race :p

Switching mechanical damage/failures off in your race/practice selection screen will get rid of any unwanted explosions but I think half the fun in these older cars is balancing all the fragile components for a race duration.

@Sniper , @Fanapryde Re: the engines, what shift method are you using in the upgrades (via the showroom)? There's two settings; one for clutch users and another for sequential/auto clutch users. The latter adds a hard-coded clutch delay defined in the .hdv file for each car.
Thanks so much man !
Completely forgot about that (and even blowing engines did not ring a bell...):whistling:
I did not change the settings in showroom and while I am using clutch/H-pattern shifter, the SEQ clutch delay was my issue...
All is good now, I can slam the gears again !! :D

@Folluto : all cool, it was my fault :thumbsup:

I started with the BMW 320, but the view angle (tilt) is way too low. Don't know about the other vehicles yet.
It is in all vehicles, some more than others.
To fix that, go to the [vehicle].CAM files, open with NotePad.
Look for LocalCam=COCKPIT
In OrientationOffset, change the first value from -0.0x0000 to (EDITED from 0.020000) 0.040000 (the x stands for different values in the cars)
View should be OK then.
The 'wrong' values are not that noticeable in single screen setup, but with triple screens the lines that should be horizontal are pointing upwards (like you are driving uphill)

Last edited:
In OrientationOffset, change the first value from -0.0x0000 to 0.020000 (the x stands for different values in the cars)
View should be OK then.
The 'wrong' values are not that noticeable in single screen setup, but with triple screens the lines that should be horizontal are pointing upwards (like you are driving uphill)
In OrientationOffset, change the first value from -0.0x0000 to 0.020000 (the x stands for different values in the cars)
View should be OK then.
in all cars?

Ok, change the parameter this morning as you say, and I did not find the difference, I play a single screen (ultrawide)
You don't ?
As I said, it is mainly visible on triple screens, but here is the difference in the Capri:

with default -0.060000 (at least I think this was the default, like some others, they differ)
GRAB_000.JPG

with positive 0.020000:
GRAB_011.JPG

You can clearly see the difference in view angle (look at the pit boxes on the right at the point where the rearview mirror bends (that is where the right monitor starts...) and at the corner the concrete wall makes at the left side... ;)
Tbh, looking at it, I see that it still needs adding a few points...

EDIT: indeed, 0.040000 is the exact value for the Capri to get a correct viewpoint and level horizontal lines on the side monitors.

Last edited:
You don't ?
As I said, it is mainly visible on triple screens, but here is the difference in the Capri:

with default -0.060000 (at least I think this was the default, like some others, they differ)
GRAB_000.JPG

with positive 0.020000:
GRAB_011.JPG

You can clearly see the difference in view angle (look at the pit boxes on the right at the point where the rearview mirror bends (that is where the right monitor starts...) and at the corner the concrete wall makes at the left side... ;)
Tbh, looking at it, I see that it still needs adding a few points...

EDIT: indeed, 0.040000 is the exact value for the Capri to get a correct viewpoint and level horizontal lines on the side monitors.
I do not have triple screen if you can put the other cars that parameter you will put you and I include it in the next fix/update

I do not have triple screen if you can put the other cars that parameter you will put you and I include it in the next fix/update
I checked all cars and in all of them the OrientationOffset can be set to positive 0.040000.

Just that you know: while checking I found something weird in the Porsche 935 Turbo (only this car and on all checked tracks): it sometimes drives trough some kind of fog, which sometimes only shows trought the side windows, sometimes only the windshield. But there is no fog present (nor tire smoke) and it can only be seen in cockpit camera, the other cams show bright sunny weather.
Just a few examples:

Zandvoort: (even the wiper is affected) :D
FOG1.JPG

Mid Ohio (standing in pitlane, engine not running)
FOG2.JPG

Since it happens only when using this car (and different liveries) and on several tested tracks, I suspect it has something to do with the car settings (I am not a modder, I have no clue what could cause it).

I checked all cars and in all of them the OrientationOffset can be set to positive 0.040000.

Just that you know: while checking I found something weird in the Porsche 935 Turbo (only this car and on all checked tracks): it sometimes drives trough some kind of fog, which sometimes only shows trought the side windows, sometimes only the windshield. But there is no fog present (nor tire smoke) and it can only be seen in cockpit camera, the other cams show bright sunny weather.
Just a few examples:

Zandvoort: (even the wiper is affected) :D
FOG1.JPG

Mid Ohio (standing in pitlane, engine not running)
FOG2.JPG

Since it happens only when using this car (and different liveries) and on several tested tracks, I suspect it has something to do with the car settings (I am not a modder, I have no clue what could cause it).
Ok I already know that is the problem on the porche .... Then the cameras to all the cars I put the value in positive at 0.040000?

Ok I already know that is the problem on the porche .... Then the cameras to all the cars I put the value in positive at 0.040000?
That is what I would do, only change the OrientationOffset value in cockpit cam. I did not touch any of the other values, they look OK.

LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(55.00000, 55.00000)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(164, 218, 249)
ClipPlanes=(0.1500000, 500.000000)
LODMultiplier=(1.00000)
MipmapLODBias=(0.000000)
Size=(1.000000, 1.000000)
Center=(0.500000, 0.500000)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
RadiusLimits=(0.000000, 0.000000)
OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)
PositionOffset=(0.000000, 0.00000, 0.050000) //(Left-Right, Up-Down, Back,Forward)
OrientationOffset=(0.040000, 0.000000, 0.000000)
Radius=(0.000000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back