Cars DRM Revival PART1 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially silly question; where must I place the 'DRM RealFeel ORIGINAL.txt' file? Its in Part 1 of the downloads.
In the game folder, you have a file named "Realfeelplugin.ini" you have to open it with the windows notepad app and putt/paste

for example...

[BMW 3]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1200.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=9000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=5.500000
Kr=9.000000

[BMW M]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1900.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=5000.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.500000
Kr=3.000000

2 problems, i have.
When i drive, i only have in DRM-Mod (and the older ones, too) set the FFB to -50 as +50.
And when car standing and FFB working with -50, the FFB make some implausible thinks. Turning to a side.

I too am also experiencing what feels like steering assist. My steering wheel pulls in to turns, as if the car is trying to turn for me. If tried the ''CTRL + 8'' command others have said, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any idea on how I can resolve this?

I too am also experiencing what feels like steering assist. My steering wheel pulls in to turns, as if the car is trying to turn for me. If tried the ''CTRL + 8'' command others have said, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any idea on how I can resolve this?
CTRL Right + 8 NumberPad

ZxNSUn9.jpg

Great mod! Don't change a thing in regards to the lifting when you shift. You have to do that in real life, so why should AMS be any different!

Because AMS isn’t real life Aaron, it’s a game. And one of the great advantages of computer games is that they can allow us all to play them in whatever way we want, without the constraints of real life, or the wishes of others. Just because you want to play this mod in a particular way, it doesn’t mean that everyone else should have to as well.

Not everyone wants to shift realistically, and not everyone can shift realistically. Take my situation for example. After years of excessive GPL playing my sciatic nerves cried ‘no more’. I now have to sit on cushions when gaming, and at work, limit the time I spend sim racing and use a set of flight sim pedals (for comfort reasons). I also made the decision about 4 or 5 years ago to no longer lift or blip in any game, as this is what causes me the most discomfort. I now either enable auto-lift and auto-blip when available, or turn off mechanical failures and speedshift (and just deal with the problems this causes –the Ultima road cars are off the menu for me!). If neither of these work, as with this mod, then I simply can’t use it.

I have campaigned for years for all sims to have separate auto-lift and auto-blip functions with 3 settings; ‘On’, ‘Realistic’ (or ‘Factory’ as AC calls it) and ‘Off’, so that everyone can enjoy all sims and mods to their fullest. I said in another thread a while back that in my heart and head I’m a hardcore sim racer, it’s just that the rest of my body won’t let me be (I have problems with my back, arms, knees and neck too, which also affect the time I can spend gaming, and my eyesight isn’t great either, but that’s old age for you!). In an ideal world, I’d be ‘heel and toeing’ with the best (actually, my brain probably wouldn’t be able to cope with this, never mind my legs!), and I think most of us just want as much realism as we can handle. But that doesn’t mean that we should be excluded from playing a particular game or mod.

Restrictions should only exist in multi-player, where having a level playing field is paramount, by allowing the host to limit the options available and/or applying performance penalties for using assists. (I don’t race on-line myself, but presume this is how things are done.) In single payer mode, in the comfort of your own home, you should be able to play the game in whichever way you choose. Whichever way makes you happy! I certainly have no wish to restrict your enjoyment of the game, so please don’t petition to limit mine.

Sorry, I'm not trying to get at you Aaron, it's just that this is a major issue for me.

Because AMS isn’t real life Aaron, it’s a game. And one of the great advantages of computer games is that they can allow us all to play them in whatever way we want, without the constraints of real life, or the wishes of others. Just because you want to play this mod in a particular way, it doesn’t mean that everyone else should have to as well.

Not everyone wants to shift realistically, and not everyone can shift realistically. Take my situation for example. After years of excessive GPL playing my sciatic nerves cried ‘no more’. I now have to sit on cushions when gaming, and at work, limit the time I spend sim racing and use a set of flight sim pedals (for comfort reasons). I also made the decision about 4 or 5 years ago to no longer lift or blip in any game, as this is what causes me the most discomfort. I now either enable auto-lift and auto-blip when available, or turn off mechanical failures and speedshift (and just deal with the problems this causes –the Ultima road cars are off the menu for me!). If neither of these work, as with this mod, then I simply can’t use it.

I have campaigned for years for all sims to have separate auto-lift and auto-blip functions with 3 settings; ‘On’, ‘Realistic’ (or ‘Factory’ as AC calls it) and ‘Off’, so that everyone can enjoy all sims and mods to their fullest. I said in another thread a while back that in my heart and head I’m a hardcore sim racer, it’s just that the rest of my body won’t let me be (I have problems with my back, arms, knees and neck too, which also affect the time I can spend gaming, and my eyesight isn’t great either, but that’s old age for you!). In an ideal world, I’d be ‘heel and toeing’ with the best (actually, my brain probably wouldn’t be able to cope with this, never mind my legs!), and I think most of us just want as much realism as we can handle. But that doesn’t mean that we should be excluded from playing a particular game or mod.

Restrictions should only exist in multi-player, where having a level playing field is paramount, by allowing the host to limit the options available and/or applying performance penalties for using assists. (I don’t race on-line myself, but presume this is how things are done.) In single payer mode, in the comfort of your own home, you should be able to play the game in whichever way you choose. Whichever way makes you happy! I certainly have no wish to restrict your enjoyment of the game, so please don’t petition to limit mine.

Sorry, I'm not trying to get at you Aaron, it's just that this is a major issue for me.
Ok, ok!!! Breathe man, breathe! How'd you know my name?! you sat outside my house,when you wrote that??

@Folluto

Since the 1.3 update of AMS I think you'll need to adjust some of the engine damage values.

For example

Capri engine file has rev limit set to 9,230rpm but the instant blowout is set to 9,000rpm

The new line 'EngineInstantBlowUp=9000' means the engines automatically blow at 9,000rpm when most of the cars naturally rev above that.

You'll need to change the EngineInstantBlowup to a higher value than each cars rev limit but not too high so that you don't blow your engine unless you down shift too agressively.

@Folluto

Since the 1.3 update of AMS I think you'll need to adjust some of the engine damage values.

For example

Capri engine file has rev limit set to 9,230rpm but the instant blowout is set to 9,000rpm

The new line 'EngineInstantBlowUp=9000' means the engines automatically blow at 9,000rpm when most of the cars naturally rev above that.

You'll need to change the EngineInstantBlowup to a higher value than each cars rev limit but not too high so that you don't blow your engine unless you down shift too agressively.
Great helpful feedback and information. Any other changes people know of that could help bring this mod along?

@Folluto

For example

thx,Change those parameters to see when I upload the update ...

Everything is right for me except the blowing of the engines problem. Force feedback feels pretty good, sounds great, cars look good but as soon as I start to even try and go a bit fast the motor explodes into flames Lol! Even if I turn mechanical damage off and the damage slider down to 0% it still blows the engine. I'm really hanging out to get into some serious races with these DRM cars and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Please fix it as soon as you can as you have mentioned you would cause it's a real angry tease at the moment. Or has anyone else come up with a fix????

As I've said above, currently there is a figure in the engine file that is set too low that is causing instant blowups at around 9,000 rpm when many, if not all, the cars rev above that.

You can edit the line yourself using notepad to prevent the instant blowups

Look for the line 'EngineInstantBlowUp=' and change it to a number above the rev limit at 'RevLimitRange='. I add 10% of the rev limit figure or 1000rpm.

If engine life is still too short but not instantly blowing up you may need to increase the value in 'EngineHyperWearMinRPM='. This is the revs at which engine damage kicks in. If you only want to damage the engine on downshifts set this value to match the cars rev limit, a little under if you want damage simulated when hitting the redline.

As I've said above, currently there is a figure in the engine file that is set too low that is causing instant blowups at around 9,000 rpm when many, if not all, the cars rev above that.

You can edit the line yourself using notepad to prevent the instant blowups

Look for the line 'EngineInstantBlowUp=' and change it to a number above the rev limit at 'RevLimitRange='. I add 10% of the rev limit figure or 1000rpm.

If engine life is still too short but not instantly blowing up you may need to increase the value in 'EngineHyperWearMinRPM='. This is the revs at which engine damage kicks in. If you only want to damage the engine on downshifts set this value to match the cars rev limit, a little under if you want damage simulated when hitting the redline.

Ok, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years