Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys for your recommendations, I gave it another go, trying to keep the tyre temp high but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that seems off to me. Will keep trying and let you know. :thumbsup:

Depending on road and track temperatures, you can not always get the temperatures of the tyres where you would like them to be.
The tyre pressures are very important though. Have you checked if those are in the "green"?
Maybe post a screenshot of the in game tyre app after you've driven a couple of laps...

I'm really surprised, I just bought this mod after seeing so many good feedback here and I honestly don't think that the physics are anywhere close to the ones available for Raceroom. :(
It's the first time I wish I could get a refund on a mod...
We have started a DRM championship and what your describing we have all suffered. It is all about getting the tyre temps up and maintaining them. As above make sure your PSI is set correctly too and only check after 3-4 laps of hard driving.
Try a track with lots of fast corners and high track and air temps and keep Turbo 80 or below until you have a couple of laps under your belt.

Stock setups are good, just adjust PSI and gearing to track choice to start with.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll keep trying :D
What I'm wondering though is why does it work that way, do we have data or driver recollection of those cars saying that tyres had to be at a very narrow temp and pressure range to work or is it just the mod?

It's just what they say: learning the limits and trying to be on them. But that's easy to say. After taking it easy on the outlap and possibly another lap putting some heat in, you've just got to go fast or the tires will not be working in the following corners. Here's a replay/video from my practice, one fine lap at Horsma, with less than optimal track grip and lower air/track temps .

Dear DRM Modding Team,

first off, thank you very much for this fabulous mod! These cars are great fun to race. I would like to share a couple of the findings I personally observed when I raced v1.31 of this mod in various league races at VAC and THR on 60 Minute race distances throughout the past few months.

1) Tyre life on the Marod Aero (Division 1 Ford Capri 1.7L)
  • Tactically, the only chance that a Capri driver has in a race against the other Division 1 cars (RMT 1N, CARMA 308, Puriano 3H, Yamamoto Delikata) is to make the most of the curves to compensate for the time it loses on long straights.
  • Sadly, the Capri is only a viable option to choose even on a twisty circuit like Horsma or Tor Poznan if the race duration is 45 minutes or less. While a 1h duration would bring an Endurance tire on any of the other cars into the "yellow" range, even these Endurance Tires are already dead at the bottom of the "red" range on a Capri after just 45 minutes (after approx. 60 Liters of fuel - that's only half a tank!). I understand that the Capri has narrower tires than its competitors, which would accelerate the tire wear if the Capri weighed as much as its competitors. However, it's also the lightest car in this class by far and I feel like the lower weight should counteract this tendency on tyre wear to a greater degree. As it stands right now, I feel like the Capri could not be used in any races above 45 Minutes. Could you give the Capri more tire life to bring it closer to the other Division 1 cars in the pack again, please?
2) Split Division 1 & 2 into two eras (until 1977 vs. 1978ff.)
  • A thing that I really enjoy about this pack is that you all invested a great amount of effort to bring a big variety of cars from an incredible time in motorsports together in a single pack in a fantastic quality. That surely was an immensely difficult task, considering that the Group 5 arms race progressed at a mind-boggling pace in the late 1970's into the early 1980's. As far as I understand it, you achieved this by applying balancing measures to bring cars from the whole Group 5 era into - broadly - two groups of cars divided by their DRM Divisions:
    • Division 1 for cars up to 4000cc N/A (or Turbos up to 2.9L * Turbo factor 1.4)
    • Division 2 for cars up to 2000cc N/A (or Turbos up to 1.4L * Turbo factor 1.4)
  • My impression is that while this successfully increased the number of cars that are theoretically available within each division, this comes with a couple of side effects:
    • Some older (slower) models are hardly ever used competitively, because they cannot keep up with their newer siblings. This applies primarily to the following cars:
      • Puriano 1H + 1H 2 (Division 1)
      • Yamamoto Delikata 1977 (Division 1)
      • RMT 120 (Division 2) (despite later 1.4L Turbo engine)
      • RMT 1001 (Division 2)
    • Other older models are fitted with vastly newer and more powerful engines to make them compete with newer rivals
      • Marod Scream (Division 2):
        • had about 275 hp in real life
        • seems to stand in for a 500 hp Division 2 Capri (1.4L Turbo) here
      • RMT 120 (Division 2):
        • initially developed with a naturally aspirated 2.0L Formula 2 engine developing 300 hp
        • later often fitted with 1.4L Turbo engines (this is the case for the RMT 120 in this pack)
  • My proposal would be to split the two Divisions into two sub-divisions by their age, incentivizing users to compete against each other using the "slower" models in online races by spinning them off into separate classes:
    • Early Division 2 until 1977
    • Later Division 2 from 1978 onwards
      • RMT 121
      • Lardo Monastir
      • Marod Aero 1.4L (new proposal)
        • could possibly use the current Marod Scream engine
        • Info: Zakspeed Capris raced successfully in both Divisions (Div. I + II)
    • Early Division 1 until 1977
      • Puriano 1H + 1H 2
      • Yamamoto Delikata 1
      • RMT 120 Turbo (new proposal)
        • BMWs factory Group 5 program closed in 1978 but saw races where they fitted a turbocharger to the 2.0L Formula 2 engine of the Division 2 car to boost it to up to 600 hp for fighting against Porsches
        • This car could take this role
    • Later Division 1 from 1978 onwards
      • Marod Aero 1.7L (existing version, with longer tire life)
      • Puriano 3H + 3H 2
      • Yamamoto Delikata 2 (1978)
      • RMT 1N
      • CARMA 1 + 2

Again, thank you all so much for creating these amazing pieces of art, and keep up the great work!

Best regards,
Valentin

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
We are working on an new update for the DRM REVIVAL MOD.
The update will come with
- reworked LOD for C and D, optimazing meshes and spare over 45.000 polys for C and D
- working gauge for oil-pressure, oil-temp, fuel-pressure
- new texture for the gauge (VR-User)
- reworked rain tire
- reworked textures for the carma
- refraction and selflightning headlight
- decrase tire wear for the Marod Aero
- reworked sound for the Marod Aero

and some other things.......

Does anyone have any ideas and or suggestions that we can include in the update, assuming we can implement it?

Thanks for response

Sorry can't do a full checkup atm, some small stuff I remembered:
- on both carmas lodA extra_frame has mapping issues on lodA, that rear subframe is showing a wrong texture
- puriano 1h 1 and 2 has 2 bars on the lodB+C rear window non-existent on lodA (btw, is there any news of the scratch made h1 model that was teased before? It'd be a very welcome replacement to the ageing models)
- rmt 121 lod C wheels are missing their inside surfaces (might be noticeable on distant cars cornering ahead, specially when csp forces lod Cs to show a bit sooner vs an ai grid)
- if you're looking forward to (phys) rain fx support/compat: please confirm the current state with a csp phys dev like mclarenf1papa, but having a tyre set named like R, W, Rain, Wet, not created as a true csp-only ext phys rain tyre, but just as a vanilla ac "visual wet", could prevent csp from generating a rain tyre set for wet physics or guess them as threaded

Also, not my place to chime in, so I hope someone more knowledgeable can comment further on this: I remember some update ago you revised tyre camber curves by making them a flat "1" line on live axle cars. Shouldn't this tyre property still be set on a wide bias ply regardless of the suspension they seat in?

Thanks

Last edited:
from my side of view the poly count of your lods is good. the object count is to high. In LOD D you can go down to 4-6 without loosing anything important. This would give the online, or high grid offline performance a good kick.

On the other hand i would like to see and wish a little bit a better classification in Division 1 and Division 2 on BOP side. Maybe not for the full Grid, becasue of the years that are represented, but maybe some for Div 1 and some for div 2 on a simular level to make a good championship.
I know you will represent the reality, but for virtual it could be better :)

On this point we are willing to support, like you maybe read in virtual racing forum :)

Thanks for the informationen. We will check it, maybe some things to do.......... About the live axle: I think it is correct to fix the camber for live axle.
But wouldn't dcamber lut be a property of the tyre on how it grips vs camber, instead of linking it somehow to constraints of the rear suspension geo travel - these being defined by other parameters? Anyway, I left the previous note in case it's pertinent for this mod, so phys devs watching this thread can contribute/comment/disregard on this, as it's not something I can follow up due to lack of knowledge. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years