Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love this mod but will you someday rework the backfires because right now they look like a static bitmap sticking at the exhaust which kills the immersion a little bit. Also will updates come via email?

I really love this mod but will you someday rework the backfires because right now they look like a static bitmap sticking at the exhaust which kills the immersion a little bit. Also will updates come via email?
You're quite right about this.

It's a pity these flames haven't been updated to something better.

I'm wondering if it might be relatively easy to replace the crappy DRM Revival flames with flames from another car.

Anyone know about this? And from which car would you "borrow" the replacement flames from? The Moby Dick?

BTW, thanks for your AI files, Fabian. I have used a huge number of your AI mods. :)

I see we still have napalm for exhaust flames :sleep:
7YjFahD.gif

Happy for the update but yeah…the exhaust flames look like a animated bitmap from the early 90s. Hope they fix that someday. Apart from that this mod is great.

I see we still have napalm for exhaust flames :sleep:
Come on guys, the flame animations may not look perfect but with these cars the extend and drama of these large back fire flames is actually much closer to real life as the very conservative and almost invisible Kunos flames are. Just go to one of the Revival races at the Nurburgring GP track, Zolder or Spa if you can or enjoy a couple of Youtube videos from these races and you will find that these cars are regular flame throwers ;-)

Sure I wish Assetto Corsa would allow for exhaust smoke, a much wider variation and more control over the backfire flames but that is what we have and I honestly prefer the drama of these over the more conservative approach Kunos has taken when it comes to the Turbo cars of the DRM Revival mod.

Screenshot_drm_3h_spa_7-10-118-0-23-17.jpg

... also ... you don't have a heart if you don't like FIRE !!!

I like flames too, but this looks so fake to me :

I didn't notice just how bad it looked until I did my first night race today :(
Exactly ^

Our concerns (at least mine) isn't about "how long the flame appears for" It's about the quality of the animation. Kunos flames used to be awful too (remember early access?) Until they introduced the current godlike flame animations(i legit remember laughing out loud due to my joy. Current kunos flames are so freaking good)

But drm still went ahead and used a fugly animation.... Their choice. I bought it knowingly. I drive the mod at least twice a week, no reason for refund but still, critique where it's due.

Edit: also, flames should be the least of our worries while we have absolutely horrible textures and some questionable 3d work quality... still, it's the goddamn DeutscheRennsportMeisterschaft

isn't there a way of fixing the flames for yourself?
I tried by borrowing flames from another car, but I think the result wasn't any good. Maybe I was missing something.
BTW, where's the update to be found? I shoulda received an email, is that right?

EDIT: yep, it's in my email :)

I have noticed what looks to be new problem with this update. I have only used the Porsche 935 K3 in single make racing so far and all the AI cars are qualifying and racing with rain tyres. Even though I am using scattered clear weather and 25 Celsius temperature. Before the update they appeared to use the correct tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back