Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
20,000 mods available for free. One massive modding project a team of individuals has worked on for years with blood, sweat and tears, that appears for a tiny fee on which you can even get a 20% discount and you start complaining.

Seems fair. :thumbsup:
I don't mind today. I'm worried about the future: will be there more paid mods? Will Free mods have lower attentions than before? Is convenient make a paid mod or not? Will user base accept this? Those are the questions

I don't mind today. I'm worried about the future: will be there more paid mods? Will Free mods have lower attentions than before? Is convenient make a paid mod or not? Will user base accept this? Those are the questions
Why is more mods of high quality a bad thing?

The majority of mods you see on RD are free, unlicensed stuff. Why would that change all of a sudden?

Thank you for the excellent work.

Certainly deserving for all of the significant efforts and time given to this high quality work given the evolved difficulty of creating scratch-made content and increased expectations for that quality level.

These are questions that have been asked many times before, both free and paid have coexisted (sometimes uneasily) for years and no doubt will continue to.

Could of done with knowing about the discount before the actual release.
Cars are exceptionally good, FFB, sound & handling are first class, models could be better imo but still very good. I will be racing these cars allot & worth the money.

• Deleted member 241736

o-huh, maybe a great mod from DRM @P_Jeffrey but featuring a pay-mod on RD confused me a little bit. I guess your on the way losing your neutral and objective status when it comes to simracing. Please think twice what Shaun (Cupra mod (free)) or RSS (GT1 (pay-mod)) are thinking about this special support for DRM. I love RD cause of its obvious neutrality, that's your value Paul.

If I had known there should be a special discount for RD Members ... I'd have waited a bit rather than downloading as soon as I saw the announcement of the release.

So next time ... I'll be slower. :roflmao:

Not yet tried as it was very very late .... ( or rather very very earlye today ! :whistling: ).

NB: just one thing I mostly find a pity in pay mods are ...... those crazy names given to cars which are obviously easy to recognize.
I understand why it is so .... even though I don't think it should make a big difference legally in case of problems.

I just always fear that it might endanger the modding scene in the future years if this working way should get bigger and bigger.

Last edited:
o-huh, maybe a great mod from DRM @P_Jeffrey but featuring a pay-mod on RD confused me a little bit. I guess your on the way losing your neutral and objective status when it comes to simracing. Please think twice what Shaun (Cupra mod (free)) or RSS (GT1 (pay-mod)) are thinking about this special support for DRM. I love RD cause of its obvious neutrality, that's your value Paul.
Doubt anyone at RSS are upset that Paul is enjoying simracing :roflmao: We all do, its why we're here.

Liking one mod does not take away from another, there is room for everyone.

Lots of power boys...lots of power.
Take it easy with those brakes on that first lap.
I almost learned the hard way here.
Don't expect to go screaming out of the pits without working those brakes..it's not going to allow that.
You really have to work them to bring them up to temp.
Capri is fun stuff so far.

Last edited:
Regarding paid mods on RD, I have no problem with it. It's a shame though that teams like ASR Formula were chased away from here in the past for donationware... Life goes on and things change.
Totally different subject. Modding teams who are forcing people to donate isn't a donation. That's selling (mainly) copyrighted material without paying VAT.

Every modder on RD can have a donation link in their resource as long as it's free.

But you can't sell a F1 licensed car with sponsors and team names on them and disguise it as a donation to avoid legal claims and the taxes.
Modding teams that are serious and play by the legal rules are more than happy to release their payware via this site. Hit the contact us button on the bottom of this page.

• Deleted member 241736

Totally different subject. Modding teams who are forcing people to donate isn't a donation. That's selling (mainly) copyrighted material without paying VAT.

Every modder on RD can have a donation link in their resource as long as it's free.

But you can't sell a F1 licensed car with sponsors and team names on them and disguise it as a donation to avoid legal claims and the taxes.
Modding teams that are serious and play by the legal rules are more than happy to release their payware via this site. Hit the contact us button on the bottom of this page.
Well Bram, featuring pay-mods on your RD could animates free-modders to change to pay-mod-modders, not a good future outlook.

Tremendous mod ..many thanks to every individual who worked on producing this for us all :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I did have one worry ..skins ..I was worried that they would be of an unusable size, especially in VR and I would need to spend several hours in CS reducing them ....I need not have worried, an average size for a skin being less than 5mb is just awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why is more mods of high quality a bad thing?

The majority of mods you see on RD are free, unlicensed stuff. Why would that change all of a sudden?
I don't talk about high quality mod. I talk about RD and its future
Well Bram, featuring pay-mods on your RD could animates free-modders to change to pay-mod-modders, not a good future outlook.
Agreed 100

Again, not sure what makes you think RD will approve pay mods willy-nilly.

How many free mods out there do you see that fit the requirements that a pay mod has to? Very few, if any.

I don't talk about high quality mod. I talk about RD and its future

Agreed 100

If you consider how many more efforts are needed to create something top-notch nowadays (as opposed to several years ago) you might actually wonder why not more modders putting a price tag on their creations.

Just sayin'

Reactions: VCR

It wasn't about selling on RD, it was about advertising paid content via the RD forum section. And VRC does exactly the same thing as ASR and they are welcome to post here and no pitchworks were raised against them.

I didn't say this yet but it has been brewing in me for long. Most simracers on RD act more like lawyers than car/racing enthusiasts. The DRM pack contains rebadged unlicensed IRL cars. URD had rebadged unlicensed IRL content. RSS GT1 pack has rebadged IRL cars. But if it's called Darshe instead of Porsche and has generic liveries it's all okay. We are going way too much into semantics when we say what's right and what's wrong.

Let it be free or paid, "generic" or unlicensed, I don't care. I just want to drive good cars and enjoy my hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%