rF2 DRM Revival @ Nordschleife - Wednesday August 17th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So nice to drive the BMW 320 on the best Track of the world.

Quali P6 was not so bad had over 4 sek gain on my last Qualilap but did a mistake in the last corner.

Race was very exiting for me after I touches the Grass on brakingzone to the chicane on the GP part it began a nice battle session exept with ANdreas Löffler everything was fine. Theres only one thing that makes me crazy, when i step on the GAs only one Car is so slow how the BMW 320 is. So hard when a Capri drives on the Döttinger Höhe 20 kmh faster than I do. How many Gas needs a Capri each round ?

@ Andreas first the near miss at Karussell and then you tried to overtake at a place where is no space for those Actions, fortunately you you miss me at your little slide over the Grass. When everybody must Pit then minimum 3 Cars have no chance to finish in the Top 10.

Thanks a lot

for this nicely Race to RD, Adam and all drivers

Eike

@ Andreas first the near miss at Karussell and then you tried to overtake at a place where is no space for those Actions, fortunately you you miss me at your little slide over the Grass. When everybody must Pit then minimum 3 Cars have no chance to finish in the Top 10.
I think it was ok to overtake there, i was already trought. Only cause i braked on the curb let the car drive to the right at the wall instead of left. At Karussell sure i was a bit late but nothing happen!
And that then 3 cars can´t finish top 10 is a joke or ? Which 3 you mean ?
First, only 9 cars finished tihs time :rolleyes: and on the otherside Gary could drive on pole and finished with another Lancia nearly 2 min in front of me, you almost 1 min, so how you come to this ? Ok, you had lesser topspeed but in braking and cornerspeed you was very good what i saw from behind. Think i have to try out such a car myself next, i´m still not thinking they are so much slower that a stop can cleared from faster cars.

This race was a test drive for me with the mod. I've done 5 laps on Toban with M1 before yesterday. :D

Great mod and I was driving ok untill I just got too tired and spun, lost the interest there.

Sadly weekdays this race slot is too late for me. ;(

Good race, always a pleasure to drive the Ring.

Qualied down around 10th or so with a 8.42 some 15 seconds off the pace but I wasnt too wooried as i knew consistency would get me a decent result.

As it happens, I wasnt as consistent as I would have liked but fortunatley nothing big enough to do major damage. was really struggling with the tyres and concentration in the last 10 minutes or so but managed to bring it home for 5th :)

This mod is great as each car has its advantage / disadvantage with tyres / power/ strategy and as we go through different tracks, these show. I wouldnt change a thing :D

I think what Eike was meaning, is that he spent too much time stuck behind myself, when he was clearly way faster through nearly the whole lap. And if he did get past, through his superior abilities round the lap. I'd then just sail past on Doettinger Hoehe, forcing him to do all the work again. And, because I needed to pit, it was fight for nothing. He should have been fighting with the two leaders, for the race win, as they were all able to complete the race, without a stop.

He was a victim of circumstance, I don't know what happened before he was forced to be behind me. But, was by far and a way quicker, than myself and the others, he found himself behind.

First off, I'd like to thank Adam, for letting me join in.
As for my own race, it was great, sure I'd pushed a barrier or.. six. But nothing, that was causing handling problems. Got involved in a race with Eike, and (sorry, I've forgotten) someone in a Lancia. Where, we were basically holding Eike back. Once he 'd passed us both, he was gone. We were holding positions 3rd to 5th by this time, due to others misfortune. I think we were 8, 9 and 10th, when the fight began.
My troubles began, when I was setting up the pit menu, for a stop. I chose to do that, at a stupid point on the track. And messed up the next corners, got stuck in the gravel and never saw 3rd, 4th or 5th again. After completing my stop (with only the final lap to complete) I was 8th close behind the two preceeding drivers. I got one, and tried too hard to catch the other. I pushed a barrier a little too hard, n took out my front right quarter. I tried to limp it home, but wasn't making any left hand corners. So I pulled up, before I started to get in anyones way.

Grats to the podium, especially Eike. Was there really any doubt for Gary though, I've seen him do that in other cars/games, at the 'Schleife. Thanks again to Adam, my fellow drivers and RD. Ace event, I'm still cursing myself, for missing Bathurst...

Eike > The Capri used about 5 gallons a lap... 26 gallons tank...

But if you think it was fast over on Doettinger Hoehe, wait until you see a M1 there... I think the 935 is quite fast also...

But I can tell you that the 320 was by far the best car in the twisty parts of the track, and there's many of them !

Quali: Decided to just drive with a full tank and see what happened. Set a decent time first up but then went into the gravel at turn 1 on the second lap so sat in the garage until the end of the session.

Race: Picked off a couple of cars early on before going off myself. I found I was yo-yo-ing around on the edge of the top 10 as I went past spinners and others went past me when I spun. Pitted two laps from the end and just took on 9 seconds worth of fuel which saw me jump William in the pits and stay in front of Wayne. Found myself in 9th going into the final lap but lost that to William when I span. I passed a couple of cars that retired on the final lap and then coming off the long straight, I messed up and Wayne pipped me to the line so finished 9th and the last person on the lead lap. Happy to of finished though :)

Thanks guys for racing :)

yep very unlucky adam

do me a favor Andreas loffler dont flash your lights when when you are behind another car even
if you are faster.
Willingly, i came out of pits and closed quite fast on you so i thought you are friendly and let me go. Tried to give you attention that i´m there but you didn´t let me throught. Sure your right but if i notice someone is much faster and i´m only in front of him cause he pitted then maybe it´s fair to not lay him stones in his way. But maybe i´m thinking too much, won´t do it again.

Almost used the Lancia for Bathurst but glad i grabbed it for this one as it was an easy no stopper and no tyres drama either,came rolling around the final turn at the end of the formation lap and screamed it down to T1,braked,turned in,braced up for impact......but no,all clean and clear,i made good ground early,but watched in horror and amazement at Erik in the M1 clawing it all back on anything remotely resembling a straight run of track!,he came at me with one almighty run at a deceptively dodgy part of Nords for passing,i was surprised and pleased when he backed out and followed,i was imagining what would happen when we got to the straight but he dropped off too far back before we got there,it would have been funny to see that thing going past and probably arriving at the final chicane before i reached the dip down to the left :D.
From then on it was the track as my opponent really,very much enjoyed putting in nice clean solid laps and no mistakes or "dings" on the car,maybe backed it off a bit too much near the end,but had enough in the bag to get away with it.
@Rui,maybe that Martini bonnet could have been polished up and used again before i arrived,but i properly finished its racing career :D.
Nice healthy chase all race from Rauno,a gap of 12-13 secs at any other track is more or less job done and no danger,but at the Nords it feels close,good job Eike and very well done all who survive to the finish.

Thank you Adz & RD

Willingly, i came out of pits and closed quite fast on you so i thought you are friendly and let me go. Tried to give you attention that i´m there but you didn´t let me throught. Sure your right but if i notice someone is much faster and i´m only in front of him cause he pitted then maybe it´s fair to not lay him stones in his way. But maybe i´m thinking too much, won´t do it again.

That's a disgraceful attitude to have. Why on earth would someone just let you through?

The only time I would let someone through in a race is if I feel like he is gonna bust my strategy by making me push to much (That implies that he is faster than me) or if I nudged him before and want to apologize by not fighting him too hard :)

Yes I know, I'm too much of a gentleman :p

Almost used the Lancia for Bathurst but glad i grabbed it for this one as it was an easy no stopper and no tyres drama either,came rolling around the final turn at the end of the formation lap and screamed it down to T1,braked,turned in,braced up for impact......but no,all clean and clear,i made good ground early,but watched in horror and amazement at Erik in the M1 clawing it all back on anything remotely resembling a straight run of track!,he came at me with one almighty run at a deceptively dodgy part of Nords for passing,i was surprised and pleased when he backed out and followed,i was imagining what would happen when we got to the straight but he dropped off too far back before we got there,it would have been funny to see that thing going past and probably arriving at the final chicane before i reached the dip down to the left :D.

Yeah, I lost if after one of the jumps.. Pushed the M1 way to hard behind your corner lover of a car..

I got so mad at myself after that, so then I over pushed it 2 corners before the corner where Niki Lauda crashed and were going to do a J-Turn until the engine died and set it self on fire...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%