rF2 DRM Revival @ Nordschleife - Wednesday August 17th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm pulling out Adam. I haven't had a lot of practice and i'm terrible on the last part of the circuit. Its safer this way :)

I'm already looking forward to next one though. Enjoy it people!

yeah engine..4-5 laps in and bang.. meh, was kinda expecting it i guess.

nevertheless, it was fun to tame that M1 around Nordschleife ,was way faster then i thought i would be. Whole car was yellow after few laps ,cos i brushed some walls more than i wanted to.

Interesting and very demanding race (720° rotation, 20° steering lock, h-shifter/heel and toe like the real car)

Q: First lap I spun... On my last lap I was able to get something decent that put me 8th on the grid, fastest Capri :)

R: First lap was tough... The track with the whole field creating smoke and sparks was a bit much so I was lagging hard on the GP circuit... When the field spaced out on the Nordschleife it was better... Anyway, on the corner before the long straight I spun like a champion and I had to let go a few cars, 6 I think...

After that I was pretty much alone to be honest... I made 4 legit overtake, for a total of 2 people... Yup, I got by Wayne after seeing a car on fire and then I got by Capri mate Adam... Then came the time to pit... I forgot that my tyres were fine so I lost A LOT of time again (This and my spin hurted me sooo much)

Adam and Wayne got by me again... Until I catched them and got by (again) XD

On the long straight in the last lap something scary happened... After the left kink under the bridge there was debris... Couldn't avoid them going 180mph +... Got a puncture !!! Braking was scary but I managed to survive, finished 7th, best Capri again :)

Thanks to everyone who race, RD and Adam ! Good job Gary and all those who finished :p

Qualy: my qualifying wasn't very bad,i did a time similar to the ones i did when practicing and i qualified in 19º place.

Race: I didn't had problems in the first corner but in the second corner someone spun and i tapped the car that had spun, when i was acelarating away i pushed the throttle too hard and the car spun, taking me to last position. In the first lap i was able to recover 2 positions but after the Karussel i spun and lost those positions (btw, i would like to apologize to the car that hit me after i spun, i didn't move because i thought you had see me, sorry :frown:), after that i kept going whitout many problens, just some slight touches to the walls, and gained some positions due to abandons. On the last lap i was lapped by 1º and 2º and finished the race a lap earlier. I was able to do the entire race whithout pitting, when i finished i had fuel for another lap, and the tires weren't too worn out. FOr me it was a good race, was able to finish whithout many damage to the car.

PS: Gary Lennon you said that you had hitten a martini bonnet, if picked it up could you deliver it to me, I lost mine during the race :tongue:

I also blew the engine my first event :redface:. But with XD i noticed this time you shouldn´t switch gears with the HUD (when the number is red), with that you ever loose engine health. With switcching gears with the in car light i had no problem this time.

In offline training i did before a 8:25 and that with mistakes, but online it felt very different on brakes so that i expect i must had some driving aids on (ABS i think) So it was hard to find at least a setup without that hard understeer at braking. In qualy 6th, had unfortunatly traffic in my fastest lap, shame cause it was quite close in front of me :).
Good first turns, up to 4th but then a spun at the Lauda accident point. Then a big crash before start finish with several rollings after i overtook someone, hope he wasn´t involved. Surprisingly the car still drove (maybe server damage wasn´t on maximum ?), was thinking thats sure the end :redface:. So pitted next lap and repaired, was down to 13th. Some i could now overtake but the most i think just leave like in all club events i drove last. If there is a 50% dnf rate then it´s already not bad unfotunatly :frown:. So ended finally in 4th, not bad after all but with a big big gap to the non stoppers. think not a stop is to drive out on any track between equal strong drivers.
Would find it better if everybody makes a pit, would be more interesting and the non stopper had still the advance to not refueling and better tyres for second stint.

Well done podium and all finishers, specially second stint i enjoyed Porsche a lot with a better feeling then first sint.

great mod, great track, shame about Sergio Perez!!

in qualifying i got stuck be hide him driving wildly to say the least! Finally went to pass and got along side on straight and he pushed me on to the grass!
in race i get same treatment by him in 2nd corner and then a massive smack from behind at GP track cut thro! car was wreaked.

looked mega race upfront, well done every body else.

yeah engine..4-5 laps in and bang.. meh, was kinda expecting it i guess.

nevertheless, it was fun to tame that M1 around Nordschleife ,was way faster then i thought i would be. Whole car was yellow after few laps ,cos i brushed some walls more than i wanted to.

Two lessons learnt:

-The BMW M1 is a beast!
-Lets get a better engine!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years