rF2 DRM Revival @ Bathurst - Wednesday August 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Persistance pays off always, had a good start, however due to a few off's, my mistake, was last stayed in the race and still managed a 7 place finish. Lots of casualties tonight.
For the record is flashing light allowed during the race when lapping ??
Thanks Adam i got to enjoy this circuit in the end.
Thanks RD.

Started well down in the field without a setup clue, ad got up to 7th place until I made a mistake with 5 minutes to go and lost my front right wheel.

Toured round and finished last in 9th place.

Don't like the easy feeling of the cars, much too light, steering in is strange with ffb 2.5. I thought these cars are much heavier, or is just the 320 that easy and light?

Thanks for the event, managed to install 7Zip just before it and install the mod:)

EDIT: Is 7Zip that much better than Winzip or Winrar?

Late sign up and minimal practise in the chosen car.

Average qualifying in the Porsche saw me mid pack.

Steady start but a few mistakes soon dropped me to the back. was happily plugging away when came over the rise into the Esses and just got enough of a twitch to get me out of shape and into the tyres, my race finished there and then :(

Stuck around to watch the remainder and got a number of shots in the process :D Good battles

Gratz to Matt and all finishers, a truly gruelling race, god help me in the V8's

Thx to Adam and RD for organising.

The shots, click for larger versions:

Had to first sort AV updating during qualy and then Steam decided to add another spanner in the works and started at the back as a result.

Quiet race really all in all, but fun none the less driving over the mountain as always. Managed to finish on the lead lap at least - 6th or there abouts.

Thanks all for the race.

Just a reminder for those upset about incidents:

5. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp.

For the record is flashing light allowed during the race when lapping ??

Providing it is only the one flash to warn that they are behind, that is fine.

Quali: Set a PB and was 5th on the grid.

Race: Settled down nicely, following the leaders but had Gary on my tail. He got a good run on me towards the Chase and pulled alongside me on the inside. As I was on the outside, I decided to let him go as trying to fight it would only end in tears. Follwoed Gary for a bit until Pavel got past and I followed him. Matt pitted halfway through so I was up to 4th with Anders catching slowly. George and Gary pitted with less than 20 minutes to go, followed by Pavel, allowing me to take over the lead for about a lap when I made my stop. Only added a tiny bit of fuel and got back out in a comfortable 4th. Gary was too far behind to challenge in the remaining laps unless I made a mistake and George, Matt, and Anders were too far ahead. George went off, giving me third which I kept to the end.

Thanks guys for racing :)

Had a decent race up until a lap before a pit-stop. Decided on last moment to do one more lap before the pit-stop ,which was a bad idea. Spun in turn 1 which cost me 9s while taking the lead briefly.
Went to pits, little did i know that the pitlane speed limit was 100kph during the race instead of 150 kph which we had in practice :D
Got a stop/go, also foolishly set the radiator accidentally to 1 and half a lap later...BOOM!
So yeah, not much action. Waiting for Nordschleife on 17th now :cool:

Had a really good race tonight, hadn't done much practice but got pole somehow.

Went into the race with no idea what to do with strategy only knowing I'd have to pit at some point.

Race start went well, me and Sergio slowly pulled away from the rest. Lap 3 Sergio gave me a push and got past but then went off a couple of laps later.

Around the half way point I was running low on fuel and pitted but made the mistake of changing tires, taking 40 seconds!! D'oh!!!

Came out in 6th and just tried to push as much as I could. With 15 minutes to go the guys in front started to pit.

Ended up 3rd behind George Talbot. He defended very hard, at one point sliding off and then back onto the track using me to keep him straight. The next lap I decided to go around the outside of the kink, but I unfortunately going into the braking zone tagged his rear quarter and sent us both off. After viewing the replay it appears the hitbox for the cars is a bit bigger than the cars as there is a clear gap at the point of contact, but this is no excuse, I was way too close and I fully apologies to George, we were having a good battle.

With about 9 minutes to go, Anders Nilsson was 7 seconds ahead with very worn tires. I managed to close in on him and at the start of the last lap he slightly out braked himself going into T1 letting me through to take the win.

Again, I had a really fun evening and hope to do more races with this mod.

drm.png

Battling for the lead early on

What a shame, was having such a great race and closing in on the leader with less than 10 mins to go but got punted by Matt F after the conrod straight, I think he was fully locked up and out of control but its a shame that more care was not taken.

Sorry, I just can't let this go.

I only locked wheels because of the contact, I'd actually braked some before the kink to try and give you space.

Also, I don't appreciate being whispered during the race about the incident and then for you to come onto a rival league's teamspeak server and start to berate me about the incident before I even had to chance to view the replay.

I hope we can get over this because I normally have good battles with you.

So sad was so happy one of my favorite Tracks and the best Mod if ever driven and then I crashed in a Car which was staying in the middle of the TRack in false direction. Next time i need Jump Jets and more horsepower was so hard how the Capri is going on the straight cant imagine where is the sense behind that.. No chance with the Beamer

Is there a schedule where I can see the next Events ?

Blast of a race,but some knowledge of the mod and indeed about the event would have helped,i used to always think "what kind of idiot messes up a manual formation lap start??",now i know,its the kind of idiot who doesnt read the format info :D,soz for restarto shenanagins lads...
I have always enjoyed lovely exits from Forest Elbow giving me brilliant runs down Conrod,this time putting me alongside and inside Adz approaching my all time and most famous "Bogey Bends".....The Chase!!...pfff just typing that makes me all nervous..i was very grateful and very relieved when Adz decided not to go for the usual standard idea of clinging on round the outside and having the inside for the chicane,i know its a tempter,but ive had experiences there where it doesnt end well in that situation.
Enjoyed closing down George and didnt even notice it was now the battle for 2nd after the demise of a couple of front runners,i was also a case of winging it around the later laps wondering about pit stops,when to do it?,what to change?,how much fuel?,dived in and glanced at pit speed message come up,didnt glance at it good enough,i read 82mph,it was saying 62mph as i got to see better next lap around for my S&G :D,so i dont really know how it would have panned out for me,i read some after race saying the 40secs stop getting tyres was a killer,i done that + a S&G so....
Glad i didnt blow up my Capri this time after my first attempt in these at Spa,they were really a beautiful combo at my most beloved Bathurst though,did i see talks of my beloved Nords here? :).
Grats Matt and brillant job Anders!!!,one more lap and i had you Adz!! :p.

Thank you Adam & RD

I have always enjoyed lovely exits from Forest Elbow giving me brilliant runs down Conrod,this time putting me alongside and inside Adz approaching my all time and most famous "Bogey Bends".....The Chase!!...pfff just typing that makes me all nervous..i was very grateful and very relieved when Adz decided not to go for the usual standard idea of clinging on round the outside and having the inside for the chicane,i know its a tempter,but ive had experiences there where it doesnt end well in that situation.
did i see talks of my beloved Nords here? :).
Grats Matt and brillant job Anders!!!,one more lap and i had you Adz!! :p.

As you said, it was only going to end in tears. You had the inside and was fully alongside, so I had to concede the position and we both fight for another day.

Yep, Nords is in 2 weeks :)

Nah, I had eased off to make sure of no mistakes. If I knew there was going to be another lap, I would of adjusted my speed accordingly. :tongue:

So close to a victory ..but no.... made an error in t1 on last lap and Matt passed me easy .. he would have anyway on "Conroad" but sigh ;)
Nah it was a blast i always enjoy drive that 320, even if it lacks from bad topspeed it handles like a wet dream ;) Cheers Gary m8 :)

Cya all next time thx to Adam and RD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years