F1 2011 Driving views

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a major gripe with the view options on this game. I hoped CM might address it with 2011 but sadly not.
Now, each to their own on this one i guess but i am really quite annoyed about this.

I play with a wheel and currently use the tv pod view, i would like a view lower down but for the love of dog why oh why should i see two steering wheels, mine, (the actual steering wheel steering the car) and the graphical one.

All other F1 games in the past offered a view just in front of the wheel, which is where, from my perspective, my field of vision would start. I have not missed anything or negated any arguments against that view option, i simply can't be bothered to list them all so please assume i've already thought of it, aerials, mirrors etc, i don't give a toss about them, this would be the most immersive, realistic and least gratuitous racing view in my opinion.

LOOK!!!!!

For goodness sake! :(

Whats the point of that post? We know what you are saying - we dont need you to draw a picture (or post a video) - we just dont happen to share your opinion because the in-game representation of the wheel holds all the driver information - and is therefore a useful and realistic tool - unlike the on-screen HUD.

Oh yeah, where abouts is the HUD on that RedBull simulator? Oh thats right its on the wheel!

Why cant you get that same information output on a SLI unit for F1 2011? - because its a console game/port and doesnt support the required SLI plug-ins!!

Why cant you remove the ingame wheel in F1 2011? - because its a console game!

Why can you remove the wheel and also have all the metrics output onto a SLI unit on some PC sim games and professional racing team simulators - because its bespoke software designed for pro racers / sim racers - not a console generation game who primarily use joypads not wheels.

I repectfully ask you to think about these new subjective threads you are posting before hitting the submit button. There is a general 'bugs' thread stickied at the top where you can go and have a good moan about something - or go and post it on the official CM forums - more chance of someone who can actually do something about it (or give a s**t) reading your post on the official CM boards! :D

I simply miss the choice of a different view option, get over yourself... and your PC attitude...

Furthermore, what's the point in a forum if i can't discuss things? This is my opinion and I will damn well express it if I want to, also, we all know no amount of petitioning ever gets anything changed by CM, and, as I said earlier in the post it was just a rant, I illustrated my point simply because people weren't getting it, and i'm not buying a hugely expensive PC just to play a game on, especially as they're **** for anything else. Bugger off!

I simply miss the choice of a different view option, get over yourself... and your PC attitude...

Furthermore, what's the point in a forum if i can't discuss things? This is my opinion and I will damn well express it if I want to, also, we all know no amount of petitioning ever gets anything changed by CM, and, as I said earlier in the post it was just a rant, I illustrated my point simply because people weren't getting it, and i'm not buying a hugely expensive PC just to play a game on, especially as they're **** for anything else. Bugger off!

Its not my PC attitude. I'm saying F1 2011 is a console port - hence the limitations you have to endure. Those things can be included on a bespoke PC sim development due to the nature of the hardware and the market the game is pitched for. I'm sorry but consoles are generally seen as joypad machines by the people who develop the games and even make the consoles themselves.

Stop reading between the lines, getting your panties all up in a bunch and actually read what I am saying.

I have repectfully posted, asked you to consider if we need a new thread everytime you wanna rock up and have a moan and you tell me to bugger off and call me PC fanboy. Fair do's I suppose, but that attitude won't get you very far, neither will spamming up the forum!

Ok, end of rant, i totally understand your point, but but all i was moaning about was a view option omitted by CM, not modding or anything, it's a simple thing present on even F1 '95 and '97 on the PS1!

PC's are great for gaming, amazing in fact, especially for racing sims, but the only reason they're the best is because Macs don't support them ;)

Group hug? x

Ok, end of rant, i totally understand your point, but but all i was moaning about was a view option omitted by CM, not modding or anything, it's a simple thing present on even F1 '95 and '97 on the PS1!

PC's are great for gaming, amazing in fact, especially for racing sims, but the only reason they're the best is because Macs don't support them ;)

Group hug? x

GROUP HUG ! ;). Come on guys, calm down or i'll release bernie my attack dog ;). Tbh iain it is a forum and you deserve the right to voice yiur oppinion

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back