F1 2011 Driving views

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a major gripe with the view options on this game. I hoped CM might address it with 2011 but sadly not.
Now, each to their own on this one i guess but i am really quite annoyed about this.

I play with a wheel and currently use the tv pod view, i would like a view lower down but for the love of dog why oh why should i see two steering wheels, mine, (the actual steering wheel steering the car) and the graphical one.

All other F1 games in the past offered a view just in front of the wheel, which is where, from my perspective, my field of vision would start. I have not missed anything or negated any arguments against that view option, i simply can't be bothered to list them all so please assume i've already thought of it, aerials, mirrors etc, i don't give a toss about them, this would be the most immersive, realistic and least gratuitous racing view in my opinion.

I get that you`re mad but I don`t see what the point of your post is. Do you want to change the cameras or just rant about them?

Do you race on PC? If so it`s actually quite easy to mod the cameras yourself. I believe Paul made a cockpit view with HUD that you could modify to have the right FOV/position.

I know mate, keep HUD as per tv pod view, and move perspective to just in front of the wheel, simple.

Simple for a modder, not so for Codemasters!

I get that you`re mad but I don`t see what the point of your post is. Do you want to change the cameras or just rant about them?

Do you race on PC? If so it`s actually quite easy to mod the cameras yourself. I believe Paul made a cockpit view with HUD that you could modify to have the right FOV/position.

Yeah I sussed he is eggsbox from his other thread! Save up and go PC is all I can say matey, then I'll mod you a nice cockpit view with HUD :D

I guess i just want to rant :) it's a stupid, no, pathetically small minded, childish, thoughtless and plain sh1tty omission by CM in my opinion, and i'm having a go at them, not anyone here :)

With all of the extra issues i see you PC guys having, coupled with my hatred of windows, there's probably no way i'll ever buy a PC, if they bring it out on MAC i may be interested ;)

Personally I am very happy in cockpit view in 2011. I hated 2010 cockpit view (drivers eyeline sat too low) and was forced to use T Cam view.
Each to their own as the saying goes but for me its more immersive seeing the data Paul mentions above as it appears in real life on the wheel than a HUD. I mean do F1 cars have a hud somewhere.
Maybe sit your screen higher so you dont look through your gaming wheel?
unless I should assume that:
"I have not missed anything or negated any arguments against that view option, i simply can't be bothered to list them all so please assume i've already thought of it, aerials, mirrors etc, i don't give a toss about them"

BTW I am very happy on the Xbox version you PC purists!! lol

unless I should assume that:
"I have not missed anything or negated any arguments against that view option, i simply can't be bothered to list them all so please assume i've already thought of it, aerials, mirrors etc, i don't give a toss about them"

BTW I am very happy on the Xbox version you PC purists!! lol

Hmph! Snidey! ;) I am willing to trade the realism of the info on the wheel, along with the feel, g-forces, thrill, danger, pressure, 3D, the money and the fame for a better gaming experience.

Smart arse ;)

But I'm not, and i can already see my hands thanks, what is it a f***ing infinity mirror? The HUD contains the information my actual wheel does not, if for arguments sake and to just bring you up to speed on my point seeing as you clearly don't get it, if Fanatec for example bought out a wheel specifically for this game, that displayed all that information on it, would it not then seem weird to see two of the same thing?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.6%