driving route

hi, just recently started iracing on 3 month free offer.
have to say, feels great. not had much time on it as been busy at work but up to rating 3.52 rookie (awaiting promotion) and on 2nd race track in mazda cup - okayama.

ultimately i would like to work towards the open wheelers. think the first opportunity is "the skip barber trainer"?
how do i get to the trainers? should i keep going in the mazda cup until i get promoted and it unlocks or am i going down the wrong route? i'm confused as ...there are also 2 mazda compeitions!

There are many ways of getting out of Rookie.

Some play it safe and just run around collecting SR
And guys like me goes balls to the walls and race trying to win,
I got out of rookie after 1 day. Had some bad races, met some idiots but since races go off every hour it doesn´t take long to get out of that place.

My personal views in case you are interested:
chucking in mine in green, hope you don't mind steve.
Star Mazda – handles like a boat.
Radical: Good fun but fairly sparsely attended races. yep, great great fun, but often no grid to race on.
Lotus 79 – needs a lot of practising
Skip Barber – plenty of first lap heroes and seems to becoming quite an aggressive series. Still, often three or four grids so you get thrown in with guys your level and the handling is just very very much fun. my favourite atm
McLaren – as with the 79, needs quite a lot of practise and is quite difficult to handle.
Solstice – Good fun. yep, but there are few starters and most of these have been around for a long time, so they no the car inside out, difficult not to loose iR.
Mustang – Didn’t like it. lol, same here, feels like a boat, also the same clientele of experts, difficult to match their speed.
mclaren: hot hot atm, latest addition, so plenty of guys in all series it is used.
dallara: same problem with über-professionals on road, big fields and plenty of give and take in oval fixed setup, nearly dead series in oval free setup.

Even if need be, and sometimes it doesn't even help, you could start from the pits in the Mazda and drive your own race, the iRating is still active in the rookies, but just not that visible, but I'm sure it'd be better to get out of that Rookie class, and get back the iRating later on the path.

For what its worth, I chose the DP, HPD and F1 to purchase, along with more recent buys of the McLaren and the V8.
the DP has progressed really well over the last few builds, and personally the McLaren isn't too difficult to drive with the driver aids, when on the limit it is a bit of a different story though. HPD has a lot of aero grip, and not as much power so it isn't the hardest to drive, and the V8 I haven't really raced, but it can be a fun car to drive.
The F1, which I have raced previously but am trying to race more now, does require quite a bit of practice, but if you have a decent setup and have the time to test, you can get quite a lot of fun out of it, just that the major high SOF races are on Saturday and Sunday...

The main tip I can give you, from my experience is to focus on getting more tracks, rather than cars. For the official series, in the multi-class series you only need one of the cars to participate.

Even if need be, and sometimes it doesn't even help, you could start from the pits in the Mazda and drive your own race, the iRating is still active in the rookies, but just not that visible, but I'm sure it'd be better to get out of that Rookie class, and get back the iRating later on the path.

For what its worth, I chose the DP, HPD and F1 to purchase, along with more recent buys of the McLaren and the V8.
the DP has progressed really well over the last few builds, and personally the McLaren isn't too difficult to drive with the driver aids, when on the limit it is a bit of a different story though. HPD has a lot of aero grip, and not as much power so it isn't the hardest to drive, and the V8 I haven't really raced, but it can be a fun car to drive.
The F1, which I have raced previously but am trying to race more now, does require quite a bit of practice, but if you have a decent setup and have the time to test, you can get quite a lot of fun out of it, just that the major high SOF races are on Saturday and Sunday...

The main tip I can give you, from my experience is to focus on getting more tracks, rather than cars. For the official series, in the multi-class series you only need one of the cars to participate.

i started a race 30 seconds late the other day - it started me from the pits. ended up 6th. clean race, nice pace, no collisions - just watched others smash themselves up. maybe it's the way to go lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back