Driving mood and graphics shader

On a Blog posts from the Devs, quite a long time ago, SimBin had been referring to the so-called "Driving Moods", which should be adjustable at any time within a race.
Now, maybe I'm blind or it's still not implemented yet. Anyway I didn't found a way to change the lighting/daytime.
There are different files files for the times of the day in the game folder, but as they are encrypted, I don't see a chance to change them.
It's quite odd as even the very first screenshots show nice sunsets but the races in the game remain at typical daylight.
At least I found some shader files to alter the overall appearance. They are stored in the game install folder under /Game/Shaders/dx9/fx/moods/
Though these are encrypted again, just renaming "realistic.mood" into "default.mood" (and the former default.mood into something different in before) gave me some nicer, less over saturated graphics.

Does anybody knows more about the Driving Moods?

Cheers
Alex

i find the sunset mood too dull, the tarmac is either bright or dark, there is no hdr-bloom-glow or how you call it, where the tarmac "glows" a little from the reflecting sun. Somekind of HDR-Slider or something like in AC, with those custom pp-filters, which i find great chaning the appearance even during races/replays... those little "extras".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back