Driving mood and graphics shader

On a Blog posts from the Devs, quite a long time ago, SimBin had been referring to the so-called "Driving Moods", which should be adjustable at any time within a race.
Now, maybe I'm blind or it's still not implemented yet. Anyway I didn't found a way to change the lighting/daytime.
There are different files files for the times of the day in the game folder, but as they are encrypted, I don't see a chance to change them.
It's quite odd as even the very first screenshots show nice sunsets but the races in the game remain at typical daylight.
At least I found some shader files to alter the overall appearance. They are stored in the game install folder under /Game/Shaders/dx9/fx/moods/
Though these are encrypted again, just renaming "realistic.mood" into "default.mood" (and the former default.mood into something different in before) gave me some nicer, less over saturated graphics.

Does anybody knows more about the Driving Moods?

Cheers
Alex

I don't know but, guys, if you want your experience to get any better, for the love of god please change "realistic.mood" to "default.mood" and get rid of the rest(including the old default). It just gets sooooo good, soo sooo good (drooool...)

But since the guys just pushed a really good update(loving it, everything is ace), i won't bother them about the mood/time of day update :)

Last edited:
I don't know but, guys, if you want your experience to get any better, for the love of god please change "realistic.mood" to "default.mood" and get rid of the rest(including the old default). It just gets sooooo good, soo sooo good (drooool...)

But since the guys just pushed a really good update(loving it, everything is ace), i won't bother them about the mood/time of day update :)
Disregard my post, I had to reread OP then I got it :)

Last edited:
Nice find! Tried the different mood shaders & I prefer the "standard_day" mood.

Default Mood
dp8wux.jpg

Realistic Mood
2n65b48.jpg

Standard_Day Mood
13zn41k.jpg

XProc Mood
9t0b6c.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I have no intention to push them to add more (unimportant) features to the to-do list.I was just wondering about these driving moods as they had been shown on screenshots in one of the very first dev-blog posts. So the functionality is already there. I can't imagine it's a big task to release it but it would add a massive increase in realism to the sim....

What are the major differences between these moods? I think I see some minor coloration/saturation differences between realistic and default? I enabled realistic and tried it out in-game but I couldn't really notice the difference.

What are the major differences between these moods? I think I see some minor coloration/saturation differences between realistic and default? I enabled realistic and tried it out in-game but I couldn't really notice the difference.

Thanks for posting the images, Sebastian.
@Shovas: you are right, the difference is not that massive. But it also depends on your monitor/TV and how the saturation is set. The realistic mood gives a way more natural appearance without these over-saturated colors e.g. for the curbs and adjusts the white balance to a natural, more yellowish tone. I'm using a big TV screen in front of my rig and here the difference is immense. Just take a look at these nice comparison videos game vs. real track - real live isn't that colorful and bright ... in any meaning

its way way easier just to use the menu's? When you select a race session in SP you get to select the time of day, there are 5 presets.
I found these files quite a while ago. After the big update introducing the different times of day, I didn't verified if these shaders still affect the graphics.
Just for my understanding: the shaders mentioned here are just settings for the post processing, right?
I do prefer the "realistic" setting much over the default one. Would it be possible to add some options for the post processing to the video-menu? So people can adjust the appearance to their liking and depending on their screen/monitor settings. Some may like the more over-saturated look, where other want to race in black and white :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back