Driver Swaps coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club!

Ricoow

Premium
8f3eeb7ed5d2d7b964fe06eaab805b79.jpg

"Blurring the lines between real and virtual motorsports" - RD's motto and that is exactly what we are doing in the ACC Race Club. This Sunday 20th of October, the first ever ACC Race Club team event is coming.

Blancpain GT has a sprint-race format for five of its 10 race weekends, called 'Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe'. In this format, a race takes one hour during which teams are required to make a driver swap half-way through. We are going to test this format in our Racing Club, and you can be a part of it!

I want to join!
Understandable. What you need to do to become a part of this historic race is easy. Find yourself somebody who you want to share a car with, you can use the sign up thread for that or PM's, and then sign up for the race in the thread over here!

Can't make it? Don't worry. If this test event proves to be a success, there will be plenty more to come ;) Just take a look at the ACC Race Club, or at the Race Calendar!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 113561

It's too immature a technology to be even remotely bothered about now.
Wrong, several implementations are proofing that. Eventhough they are only partial implementations.
developer has a few million dollars lying around and can afford to waste their time
You don't need many hours and "million dollars" to implement it, even modders managed to do it, there are also several examples of that around!
You obviously know that Kunos don't have that luxury.
Then they should not promise & announce it. How can you defend such practices?

Nvidia jumped on that hype train before someone else did, but it was way too soon. I'm sorry that you fell for the hype.
Bs.
The technology is quite mature already, atm we just lack the performance for full RTX implementation, this will come within the next years!

Bs.
The technology is quite mature already, atm we just lack the performance for full RTX implementation, this will come within the next years!
Well done for saying my point is BS, and then agreeing with it in the very next sentence.

Glad you're caught up now, sort of.

As to your other points - more evidence of you falling for the hype.

Kinda my point, innit.
Well, they have announced it and wont deliver in the near future...so you were defending, that it is so hard to implement RTX, and the customer is to blame for having expectations...

When more than one person doesn't find a clue, that you were making this point, maybe you failed, to make your point clear...

As to your other points - more evidence of you falling for the hype.
This sounds very pretentious and maybe you are also fallen for a specific hype, more than you think :)

Raytracing is nothing new, btw.
You were able to render raytracing with a C64, it was taking some time....

• Deleted member 113561

Well done for saying my point is BS, and then agreeing with it in the very next sentence.
lul, you try to argue like a 6 year old. I didn't prove your point, I disproved it. Even a partial RTX implementation can yield significant visual upgrades and we have several examples in which they actually do.

From the posts on RTX sofar, I can only assume that you are defending Kunos at any cost, like a fanboy.

lul, you try to argue like a 6 year old. I didn't prove your point, I disproved it. Even a partial RTX implementation can yield significant visual upgrades and we have several examples in which they actually do.

From the posts on RTX sofar, I can only assume that you are defending Kunos at any cost, like a fanboy.
Definitely not a fanboy. The last time I played ACC was about 4 months ago - the only reason I bought it, is because it was so cheap.

Just applying logic, something you fail to fathom. You just seem hell-bent on defending early adoption of RTX for some reason, whilst there's no logical reason to do so yet. As I correctly said, it still needs to mature.

Any developer who right now uses it as a selling point for a current game on current hardware, should be avoided, unless they have a non-RTX implementation as well. There really is no justification for losing 50% of your FPS because something is slightly more realistic-looking. FPS is quite important in sim racing.

• Deleted member 113561

Just applying logic, something you fail to fathom.
On the contrary, I just disproved you and your alleged logic. Who do you think you are? All-knowing, always right god? Quite narcissistic
You just seem hell-bent on defending early adoption of RTX for some reason, whilst there's no logical reason to do so yet.
Where do you see hell-bent? I even went so far and said that the full potential is not being used yet due to missing processing power. Disproofed you again!
Any developer who right now uses it as a selling point for a current game on current hardware, should be avoided, unless they have a non-RTX implementation as well.
There are none without.
FPS is quite important in sim racing.
Compared to what, shooters? Then the answer is no. Compared to Terraria? Then the answer is yes.

That doesn't change the fact that Kunos promised RTX for ACC and they lied about it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%