Driver Development Mode/DLC

Similar to the Training Mode idea, I am interested in having some kind of driving school/academy/driver development or driving coaching to learn and fine tune/practice driving/racing in a driving sim such as Assetto Corsa 2 or Downloadable Content package to add on to AC

My background is engineering and public education. In real life, I have participated in several seasons of club level AutoX, attended several AutoX school and high performance driving school. I found the driving school and coaching very helpful to learn about car control and track driving. In Sim, I thought the Richard Burn Driving school was also pretty helpful and learning the basics for Rally driving.

There are specific skills that makes a good driver or a race car drivers, and there are lessons or specific practices that drivers use to hone and improve their driving. There is car control lessons, such as braking, accelerating, slalom/cornering, transitions.. And there is speed control and finding the racing lines. In AC which is a more adult oriented, there can be “practice sessions” with certain goals that is select-able, rather than the scripted and sequential driving school in Grand Turismo. The objective for each drill/practice is to provide some kind of direction or goals and a structured practice and then feedback.

AC is already a great game/sim and a great platform for many serious car nuts. It has many appeals. Along with the community, there is way more cars and tracks to try than .. healthy. But at times, driving can get frustrated with the obsession of lap times. Not everyone will or can achieve the level of Lewis Hamilton, but everyone can learn and improve. Thus if AC can provide more access to this learning process I believe it will make the game more appealing and enjoyable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%