Driver Awards?

Just had an idea about nominating drivers for certain awards after each series/leagues. Im not up and ready yet for racing with you guys but thought id share this with you. The awards could be for best newcomer, best driver, cleanest driver etc the list goes on. These could be selected from the drivers using a vote system or by RD's Mods etc?

Really nice idea, I think it would give the not so talented racers (i.e. me) something to aim for. :)

I was wondering about the logistics of how it would be scored though. Unless it was open poll, you would have to assign committees to oversee races to deliberate their votes. Actually, the more I write it seems open polls would be the only way.....

Still, I hope the idea is considered :dance2:

Mmm if everybody followed Racing Club rules then everyone should tie on votes, best driving, cleanest driving etc

Well not really because even if you follow the rules you can still make mistakes and cause accidents. Cleanest driver should maybe be the one who has had the most clean and fair fights and close battles in races and most finishes.

Heres some categories that i thought of: Driver of the season, Drive of the season, qualifier of the season, fastest lap award, overtaking of the season, defender of the season, cleanest driver of the season, most improved positions of the season, Rookie of the season, fight of the season etc...

Well not really because even if you follow the rules you can still make mistakes and cause accidents. Cleanest driver should maybe be the one who has had the most clean and fair fights and close battles in races and most finishes.

Heres some categories that i thought of: Driver of the season, Drive of the season, qualifier of the season, fastest lap award, overtaking of the season, defender of the season, cleanest driver of the season, most improved positions of the season, Rookie of the season, fight of the season etc...
Nice idea, it would give me something to aim for!
what about Most consistent driver?

Why not, i wouldn't mind if there where even more categories. The more the better :)
I think it adds to the fun factor of the leauge and gives drivers something more to aim for. And with many different categories it gives all drivers a chance to collect on awards which can be especially fun for does who are not fighting for wins.

What about most Courtious ? i.e. the person who is the fairest and gies the other driver enough room. So in other words the cleanest because even if your not fast you can still be clean.
Sometimes the people more the rearof the feild are the cleanest! Not directed at anyone here and we all make mistakes!

Maybe if this "most courteous" should go to the best backmarker who shows most intelligence and courtesy while being lapped. A quality that i really appreciate in a driver. Just giving up your position in a fight out of courtesy is not something i would want my fellow drivers to do. I think that "cleanest" driver should go to someone who has the most clean and fair fights, preferably really tough fight's to because it is so much harder to give enough room because the battle is so close. This is probably the thing i appreciate most in other drivers to be able to do that without loosing it and causing an accident. These kind of fights are the most fun you can have in simracing in my opinion.

In that case that should also work the other way around. Although i think it would be hard because atleast in my experience most drivers here are very good at letting faster drivers lap them and it usually it goes very smoothly. It would be far easier to "name and shame" the few who allways makes lapping them difficult and risky.

Maybe just an open vote and awards like best newcomer, Driver of the year, Cleanest driver, Best team etc. and these could all be open votes and it would just be a nice little addition to add under your name. Id love best newcomer under my name lol.

I think this sounds like a great idea. Although I think when people leave votes, they should also leave a motivation to why this person should have the award!

And I also think we should have funny, less serious awards as well, because it would help the "We race for fun" feel :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%