Driveclub lighting model and graphics look way better to me. Horizon 2 still has that slightly odd Forza sheen.

The draw distances in some Driveclub videos are just mind boggling....

Do you need a console? If you play your racing games on pc then anything on console will look nice but doesn't come close to physics imo. If you're set on a console then they both look good and forza 2 is established but Driveclub also looks good. Maybe wait for some reviews to see what others are making of them.
I may get a new console (I have the PS3). And yes of course I play on PC, PC was made for simulation.

Driveclub lighting model and graphics look way better to me. Horizon 2 still has that slightly odd Forza sheen.

The draw distances in some Driveclub videos are just mind boggling....

Two totally different games though. Its apples and oranges really, I'm just hoping both are fun to play.

Drive Club is what it is, a console online driving game with a lean towards teaming up with friends and achieving goals as a team, whilst also offering a single player side, that is a change of pace from the more sim oriented world of PCARS, AC, iRacing etc.

Will be nice to boot up the PS4, grab the controller and rack up the miles, without worrying about having to get the sim-rig all up and running and the consequences of a turn 1 pile up.

Yea, reviews are all over the place. I think it really depends on what you expect out of the game as to how you would rate it. If you expect a good looking arcade racer with some basic online functionality, its not too bad. Otherwise, you will probably be disappointed if you expected anything else. I feel like it borrows heavily from the NFS games but without cops or rival races.

I have a hunch that the low scores come from reviewers that played Forza Horizon 2 in the days before getting their hands on drive club....

Horizon 2 is a different type of game though. Yes it has open world and more of a story to it with races and challenges thrown in. Yes it set the bar high, but it is a different type of racing game from DC. It's like comparing FH2 to F5. For the record, I have FH2 on X360 and like it. I also like DC. I must be in a minority, lol.

DC is more like the original NFS games, racing others in lap races or point to point. The added social element was a big selling point and unfortunately with the server issues, they have dropped the ball big style.

If folks stick it out if/when the issues are resolved, I think many will enjoy it.

I've played a few of the early tour events and like it. I wasn't expecting a PCARS, iRacing, AC sim type offering, but a casual well made console pick up and play affair. For me, this is what I have got. I can just turn the PS4 on, pick up the DS4 and away we go, sat on the sofa and having a blast without concerning about getting the sim rig dialled in, messing with setups and then getting run off track at Turn 1, lol.

Gameplay is fine, visuals are top notch, sounds is great, feedback through DS4 is well done. No issues for me with game locked to 30FPS. Obviously only run the Mini so far, but it's great fun.

If you want to compare DC to a Forza, compare it to 5 and not FH2, as it is basically racing from the start line to the finish line, like you do in Forza 5.

I feel some of the negative reviews come across as folks who have only seen the game on video (whilst I appreciate they have more than likely actually played it) and reviewed from a third person point of view. One review said DC lacked depth as it was just racing from start line to finish. What is Forza 5 then?

Also many pick fault with DC having no tuning. IMO it is no bad thing as at least you know in challenges, if someone is beating you it is because they are driving faster with the very same car and not because they have some whizz-bang setup applied. Only like running fixed setup series at iRacing, lol.

One other review marked it down because there was no replays or photo mode. Had they done their research, the would know these have always been scheduled as post release updates, along with dynamic weather.

Last edited:
Reviews have to be based on the game as played, not on promises of future content.
Personally I consider that both games would sell to to a very similar demographic and can be directly compared in regards to sit down and thrash it ability.

I'm pretty sure I could enjoy both games.....

After reading about car that are about to get released on both DRIVECLUB and Forza Horizon 2, it got me thinking about getting a console that supports any of those, but I'm going to choose what console to buy after finding out which game will be better. So I would like to use your help guys. Of course, it goes without saying that the better game would be the one that has the better physics and gameplay (of course any of those wouldn't get to the level of awesomeness of Assetto Corsa, but the closest to it would be better). I would like the one that would be the closest to reality (unlike arcade racing games : NFS, etc.). Thanks!
**EDIT**
Of course, I need it to support the Logitech G27

So far none of the consoles support the G27.

I would really like to know which one you went with because I am also asking myself the same question

Depends om what console will be supported by the CSWv2.

I hope it's the XB1 with Forza Horizon 2
Xbone support confirmed, they are working on PS4 support and have mentioned that a statement will be made by the end of this year, but we know nothing more atm.
Personally I'd get the Xbone, but I'm biased, I prefer Forza to GT and I've ordered a CSW v2 so I know I'm covered with support.

Already bought the XB1 and played A LOT of Forza Horizon 2.

Really love the game. I have put the single player campaign on hold untill i have the XB1 wheel for my CSWv2. There over 700 championships to compete in.

Horizon 2 is REALLY gonna rock with a complete Fanatec kit.

I have both FH2 and Driveclub and both are good games but different. FH2 is the better overall game in my opinion and has more content. Driveclub is still working through its online issues since it launched last week but its getting better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%