Really interesting to see Gran Turismo's place is taken by this as the pioneer racing game of the new console of PlayStation.

Knowing PD they will take top spot back.. but in the meantime we have one hell of a sim to keep us busy..

Driveclub does include team driving, which is something a lot sims haven't exploited

The driving with friends concept is something I really loved from the TDU series and seems to make a big bang return on the next gen console.

Want!

I really loved it too, but we need large field with real open road to have fun like we had with TDU. It looks like Driveclub will be quite closed tracks looking like road. TDU was a great game and every similar project like Forza Horizon or even TDU2 are failing because it's not easy to do and the amount of work and ideas is impressive. Devs prefer to make racing game like the dozen we will have in 2013 cause it's an easy way.
Anyway, this game is nice looking, have some good ideas, let's see how it become in the future and hope for free ride online and descent physics!

Im really hoping that Driveclub will be the replacement for Gran Turismo as it is very boring and I find unrealistic with the snapping of the car through the exit of a corner. For instance you will put on the power and try to correct oversteer my steering into the slide and the front and would shoot you instantly into the barrier without any control or warning. Driveclub is hopefully more realistic and like Forza 4, a driving sim that actually works properly with the characteristics of a good race car, e.g. the Audi R8. Good for drift and for good lap times depending on how you drive it

Im really hoping that Driveclub will be the replacement for Gran Turismo

It won't be Polophony have already announced that they are focusing on GranTurismo 6

a driving sim that actually works properly with the characteristics of a good race car

From what we have seen it very well be a great sim, but we haven't seen any race cars yet.. its just been road cars

It won't be Polophony have already announced that they are focusing on GranTurismo 6

From what we have seen it very well be a great sim, but we haven't seen any race cars yet.. its just been road cars
I hope all cars in the game have car-like characteristics and i hope the game includes both a store for car parts like on FM4 and the Collectors Place, Dealerships and 2nd hand car shops from GT5

Will be xbox all the way for me, playstation just doesnt interest me, the controls are horrible to use the xbox one is much nicer to hold and use and gran turismo is just boring, nothing on it that makes you wish you had a ps3 over an xbox
But the PS3 is supported by some great steering wheels, while the XBOX only has crap except for Fanatec..
Don't get me wrong, I prefer my XBOX360 above my PS3, but in racing games the support is just better on PS3..

What do xbox, ps3 and gran turismo have to do with Driveclub what this thread is about?
Sorry Bram. I am excited about the prospect of the next gen consoles and what that would/could mean for sim racing. Was just saying I wanted to see what both sides have on offer first. I seem to have opened a can of worms and for that I apologise.

As much as this next gen console excites me, I'm waiting to hear what the XBOX team put on the table before I start planning how I'm gonna tell the wife I'm spending "ANOTHER" £500 on my sim racing habit :roflmao:
better to spend money on your gaming habbit then on drugs or beer every single day... or twice a week at the pub with your m8s, that's much more expensive :p

always use that exscuse ;)

on - topic , this definitely looks like a game im going to be following :) looks quite promising actually.

Dedicated servers for this game?

better to spend money on your gaming habbit then on drugs or beer every single day... or twice a week at the pub with your m8s, that's much more expensive :p

always use that exscuse ;)

on - topic , this definitely looks like a game im going to be following :) looks quite promising actually.

Dedicated servers for this game?
Also, I've just bought the G27 as you know so that kinda dictates what console I'll be buying next lol
I don't drink, don't smoke (theres a song there) so as you say, better to spend it on sim racing :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%