Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
This game was announced for the PS4 just a few minutes ago. Does anybody know a website where we can learn more about this racing game?

The driving with friends concept is something I really loved from the TDU series and seems to make a big bang return on the next gen console.

Want!

I watched most of the announcement last night, one of the selling points mentioned in DriveClub was that the seat fabric looks different depending on the light............does it really, I can't remember EVER getting in a car in ANY Game or Sim and thinking "hmmm I like the seat fabric", I really couldn't give a fat rats arse if the seats look nice, I do wish these people would stop making things look pretty and instead concentrate on the handling\driving characteristics.

:thumbsup:

I watched most of the announcement last night, one of the selling points mentioned in DriveClub was that the seat fabric looks different depending on the light............does it really, I can't remember EVER getting in a car in ANY Game or Sim and thinking "hmmm I like the seat fabric", I really couldn't give a fat rats arse if the seats look nice, I do wish these people would stop making things look pretty and instead concentrate on the handling\driving characteristics.
Not it a game or sim, but perhaps in "real-life"...? :)

Not even in real life mate, one of my first cars was a Nissan\Datsun Stanza with Beige Velour upholstery and shocking Brown plastic everywhere else. My last 6 cars have all been new and even then I've picked a seat colour because I had to, my current car was Black or Beige leather, I went for Black so it doesn't show dirt, simple as that.

I'm really not concerned one bit about what the cockpit looks like in a game\sim, AFAIC the correct driving view is the bonnet\hood view. By all means have a showroom like in TDU where you can look around the car, play with the windows etc but IMO the cockpit view is just useless frame killing eye-candy when you're driving. Same applies to Motion Blur and other garbage, I regularly drive at 130Mph but I can't say I've ever noticed a warping\blurring effect, I also can't say I've noticed tree's moving at any time while driving in the real world so why the hell is that on option in some driving games?. It's all crap taking up processing time that should be used for more important stuff like car physics.

Looks very tasty indeed! I may change from Xbox to the PS4 if MS don't release another PGR game as DriveClub is gving me a PGR vibe which isn't surprising given the lead developer on DC is an ex-Bizarre Creations employee.

Not even in real life mate, one of my first cars was a Nissan\Datsun Stanza with Beige Velour upholstery and shocking Brown plastic everywhere else. My last 6 cars have all been new and even then I've picked a seat colour because I had to, my current car was Black or Beige leather, I went for Black so it doesn't show dirt, simple as that.

I'm really not concerned one bit about what the cockpit looks like in a game\sim, AFAIC the correct driving view is the bonnet\hood view. By all means have a showroom like in TDU where you can look around the car, play with the windows etc but IMO the cockpit view is just useless frame killing eye-candy when you're driving. Same applies to Motion Blur and other garbage, I regularly drive at 130Mph but I can't say I've ever noticed a warping\blurring effect, I also can't say I've noticed tree's moving at any time while driving in the real world so why the hell is that on option in some driving games?. It's all crap taking up processing time that should be used for more important stuff like car physics.
Well, Interior view will of course wear of quickly if you don't use it as primary driving view. After all if you walk around the car the interior has to modelled, as you can see most detial through the windows or open doors.

But it's part of their concept to make the cars more experiencable. Hopefully that includes a decent driving model as well :thumbsup:

There was absolutely no mention of the driving model during the whole 6 min launch presentation, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now and hopefully they will come forth with the important stuff in the coming months.

I am looking forward to seeing more about the Team aspects of the game, that sounds like it could be an interesting feature, although being a billy no mates I might not get to use it :cry:

We'll see :)

But they said they had the concept 10 years ago or so. If it's the racing game they want to create I'm curious how it turns out, the first WRCs and Motorstorm were quite good for its time and for what they were meant to be. Should be a fun game and different from the hundreds of "normal" track racing games / sims.

Three days ago at the launch of the PlayStation 4 console in New York City we all expected to see a glimpse of Gran Turismo 6 but instead we were treated with the announcement of a complete other car game: Driveclub from Evolution Studios. For sure this was the game that was discussed the most in our chatbox during the hours long live presentation of Sony's next-generation console.
Announcement Trailer

[youtube]

"Driveclub is a next generation, socially connected racing game that captures the heart and soul of car culture and the passion it creates. Driveclub is a game to play in real clubs. It's about friendships and rivalries and team-based racing, together in the world's best supercars on the world's most breath-taking roads - all rendered in cutting edge next generation graphics." When hearing this annoucement you can't stop thinking of an evolved concept of the successful Test Drive Unlimited series where the main focus was driving together with friends through a stunning landscape. Hopefully Driveclub will take-off where TDU left us.
Mercedes-Benz

Today Mercedes-Benz shared the following screenshot on Facebook accompanied with the following: "Take an exclusive look: this is the very first and non-photoshopped screenshot taken from the CLA 45 AMG as featured in an early version Driveclub™, the pioneering racing game for the brand new PlayStation 4 presented by Sony Computer Entertainment yesterday in New York."

Community

As this title will most likely perfectly suit the driving needs of many members here at RaceDepartment we have opened our brand new Driveclub forums as per today.
Drive
Drop by to say hi :)
View the Post on the Blog

As much as this next gen console excites me, I'm waiting to hear what the XBOX team put on the table before I start planning how I'm gonna tell the wife I'm spending "ANOTHER" £500 on my sim racing habit :roflmao:

Will be xbox all the way for me, playstation just doesnt interest me, the controls are horrible to use the xbox one is much nicer to hold and use and gran turismo is just boring, nothing on it that makes you wish you had a ps3 over an xbox

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%