AC DRIVE TO SURVIVE race #4@Imola, Thursday 21st April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Today the iconic Imola. Variante Alta will be a real challenge with these kerb sensitive cars!

STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE!
If you didn't sign up for this all season championship, go here and post a request to enter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 12 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:15 CEST, 19:15 BST (18:15 UTC) | 12 minutes - Qualification
  • 20:30 CEST, 19:30 BST (18:30 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ligier JS8 S1
  • Track: GPK Imola, Italy
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 18C air/28C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 10 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Guys, I have a meeting tonight so I won't be hosting/joining the race.
But you're all experienced drivers so it won't be a problem.
Just remember the Golden Rule, the blue flags and be careful in turn 1 and it will be fine.

Have a good one!

@Kek700 Ernie, not everyone will read this. Will you please explain my absence on Discord?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I'm gonna miss this one :(
Worked the last few hours on finishing the apartment and absolutely nothing worked. I can't look straight anymore and have to eat something etc :sick:

Super gutted since these events are earlier and shorter. Everything I always wished for but I really can't get behind the wheel today :sleep:

Only six eventually turned up, but ironically it turned into a great race, with Robert , Paul and me battling away for first place, with Paul coming out on top and a very impressive Robert second, even though I tried my best to pressure him into a mistake for many laps.
The other three battled away too, as I started in the pits, silly old me was so intent to remind everyone that there was a pit stop and they should go for tyres and 1 litre that I forgot to do it in time myself, so I was popped to the pits for all my troubles. You have to laugh. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Missed everyone and there was even questions about the force feed back and LUT files, ironically we needed Rasmus to help there, I cannot tell who is talking on discord, apart from Alan Ramsbottom of course,:roflmao::roflmao:
Maybe if they read this and can find Rasmus’s article I know he can give some really good advice.
:)

Due to a complete overhaul of my back garden and the good weather recently, my racing has had to be cut back as I have just not had the time to practice. Recent results in the GT4 and classic F1 championships have been disappointing as the cold tyre/ early lap spins left me at the back of the field.

So it was good to find some form last night with pole and the win but early pressure from Marcus and a late surge from Robert and Ernie made life very interesting.

I got a good start and managed to fend off Marcus early on. By the pit stop I had a healthy 10s gap but that all went out of the bread van window when I lost concentration and totally forgot about the Variante Alta and Tamburello chicanes:confused:, resulting in some airborne moments. This allowed a hard charging Robert and Ernie to close right up and the last lap was frantic with my mirrors full of their battle.

This track was probably the best so far in this series as it was fast and flowed well. Thanks to Ernie for standing in for Han and to all who raced, if we had more drivers these events would be even better.

So to read I really missed a good one. Very glad to hear that all of you had fun regardless that there were only 6 participants. I keep thinking what a blast this would be with a full grid of 22 drivers!
Maybe I will 'force' such a thing in a two race event on Wednesday where the first is a Ligier race and the second a MX5.
Anyway, there's no GPK version of the Miami circuit available so the next race will be at Barcelona on the 19th of may.

Glad to read that you had a good race indeed!
I know it's not the most crowded championship so I was afraid that my missing would reduce the fun for everyone..

The apartment should be done in May though :whistling: :ninja:
Here's one of the results from yesterday. Looks quite easy but there's a 20m LAN cable beneath it that barely has enough space and if I'd scratch it, I'd have to take off the floor-skirtings in 3 rooms.
Floor had to be cut to get a wider gap. Then 4 screws into the concrete with about 1mm room for mistakes.
When we clicked it in and it did fit and the door had enough space to be closed, I almost shed a tear out of joy, lol.
At least my partner loves them for the no screws appearance and the colour.
The base-floor isn't perfectly even so the laminate bends a few mm upwards at the ends and needs to be clamped down.

Well, at least it looks damn sexy imo so worth the.. 4 hours spend on this one f*cker alone.
Never done door-transitions before so hopefully the other 4 doors will only take 1 hour :p
IMG_20220422_123705_838.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks to all of you who helped to organise this series and last night's race.

I really enjoyed my first outing in the mighty Ligier. A grid of 6 microcars doesn't sound like a lot but there's still plenty of fun to be had when you put them on a scale model of Imola :D

During the opening few minutes I thought Sander and I might be battling closely throughout. Sander then created a sizeable gap with smooth, consistent driving, so it was a bit of a surprise when I saw the back half of his Ligier sticking out of the ground near Acque Minerali - the poor thing was sinking through the map Titanic-style! Sadly this meant that Sander had to reset to the pits, and from that point on it was just me and the baguette against the track.

As a newbie, it was quite nice to spend some race time just focusing on my consistency, and I eventually took 2 seconds off my PB. As the blue flags waved, I caught glimpses of the great battle going on at the top of the order. I'm hoping to join that battle one day!

See you all in (mini) Barcelona :)

Just echoing what's been posted here! Great race, had decent pace and kept it, favorite mini track of the series so far.

Started p3 (p2 after ernies false start?), then Marcus got past pretty quickly and we followed Paul closely for a few laps. Don't know if I would have gotten passed Marcus if it weren't for him doing a wheelie coming onto a straight, which then gave me the opening to pass. Around the 15min? others went to pit and I found myself up in P1. I decided to stay out a bit extra, hoping to close the gap that would come once I did pit / finish up the race with newer tires than others.

Finally pitted with about 11min left and came out just ahead of Ernie and behind Paul. My tire strategy seemed to have worked ok and with Ernie hugging my bumper lap after lap, I was able forced to close in on paul while doing PBs :D I swear Ernie, any moves that looked defensive from me was just me trying to handle this car at the limit :laugh:

Almost came down to a drag race on the last straight (and almost got my first p1 - of course it would be in these cars if it happened :roflmao: ), but Paul held on and we finished up 1, 2, 3 :thumbsup: .

Thanks for the racing everyone and thanks for setting these up Han. Definitely would put this track down for one to use if you "forced" the rest of the gang to give us a full grid :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing