F1 2011 Drive Through Penalty for Nothing!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Whilst racing in HRT at Melbourne, I was in 20th place on lap 18 and in front of me (approx 50m) there was a battle between 3 cars that had already lapped me. They crashed into each other and pieces flew all over the track. I drove straight over Kobayashi's Front Wing and I got given a Drive Penalty for causing a collision??

As if being in a HRT is bad enough without being given controversial penaltys!

Anyone had similar problem?

I have been caught by that same illegal overtaking double drive thru penalty at the chicane at Spa... in fact I had to serve a double drive thru for two penalties at Spa.. the only place I have had that happen.

Also, had the dangerous driving 10 place grid penalty after spinning at the hairpin before Spoon at Suzuka and trying to get back on the track. Once you are facing the wrong way it's almost impossible to rejoin the track without incurring a penalty.

Yeah, that's happened to me a couple of times. Once I got knocked off the track and I sat and waited for the on coming cars to pass by and then reentered the track. BAM! Penalty for illegal blocking? WTF was I blocking? LOL.

50% isn't. Time flies in the race. :D Plus, tyre strategy actually comes into play, on 20% you only have to pit once.

I believe if you get a penalty in first part of 20% race you'll receive normal drive-through penalty, but later on it's gonna be time penalty, since there won't be time to serve it within 3 laps. Though I could be wrong.

Hmmm Just had an idea, gonna run short weekends 50% race. As far as drive-through penalty goes, yeah you are prolly wrong, i never had one given to me. Insane time penaltys (20sec) and 10 grid drop are only penaltys i received in long weekend 20% race.

The issue I have with the penalty system, is I have yet to see AI get a penalty for blocking me, unsporting behavior.

I agree with other posts here that the penalty system needs to be a bit less aggressive, especially after a prang, like hitting a wall in monaco, with no place to easily point the right way. If cars are able to pass, and do so, why get a penalty, I'm already penalized waiting for a clear bit of track, any damage incurred and time that takes.

I do feel for the likes of Lewis Hamilton, as it seems anything I do is scrutinized yet every other driver has a different set of rules of conduct.

I reckon there needs to be a drivers representative :) good luck coding that.

Does anyone know what Rules & Flags you lose by setting the game to 'Reduced' Rules & Flags in the pre-game menu.

Wondering if this could be tha answer..??

BUT wouldnt want to lose the realism!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years