F1 2013 Drive a real Driver in Career Mod

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
If you wanted to play as the second driver of any of the teams up as far as Lotus you could... when you choose your name simply call yourself, for example, Romain Grosjean. Then pick to drive for Lotus.

You replace the second driver in the team from what I can tell, so they disappear of the face of the F1 world and you become them. It's not ideal but it gives you a few choices.

If you wanted to play as the second driver of any of the teams up as far as Lotus you could... when you choose your name simply call yourself, for example, Romain Grosjean. Then pick to drive for Lotus.

You replace the second driver in the team from what I can tell, so they disappear of the face of the F1 world and you become them. It's not ideal but it gives you a few choices.

Funny, I always do it. Actually, I am impersonating Mark Webber in my third year career, as 2nd driver for Red Bull. And whenever I sign up for a different team, I just change my name to the name of the real driver only by editing it in My F1 | Driver Information | Driver Details.

I have been doing it every year since F1 2010. I find it looks a little closer to reality that way. I don't want to play with names that don't belong to the real thing. :)

Funny, I always do it. Actually, I am impersonating Mark Webber in my third year career, as 2nd driver for Red Bull. And whenever I sign up for a different team, I just change my name to the name of the real driver only by editing it in My F1 | Driver Information | Driver Details.

I have been doing it every year since F1 2010. I find it looks a little closer to reality that way. I don't want to play with names that don't belong to the real thing. :)

I know right. It doesn't feel right for me unless it's Glue Sniffer tearing it up in the second Red Bull. Always change names.

No, in career mode you can only play under your player name.

You can use Grand Prix mode to play as any driver you wish. You can also use this mode to create your own season of races.

I miss the way you could set up a mini season online like in 2011, GP mode should be in the online option. I tried to organise a 3lap sprint season online at Christmas then realised you can only race one track at a time so there is no points tally.

Hi Guys,

is it possible to drive real driver in carrier mod f.e Nico Rosberg and also to switsh with him the team?
I just recently found that playing the game in grand prix mode is the best way to enjoy the game, i used to play just career mode but found out no matter what team i was in the car wasnt fast enough and that is due to engine wear and having no upgrades, the AI cars at the start of a career have fully updated cars and dont suffer engine wear.
In grand prix mode you can do a full season driving as one of the 2013 drivers and have a fully upgraded car at the start of the season that doesnt suffer engine wear.
For people who use assists i recomend expert and legend is for people who can drive with no assisisted braking or gears.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back