Drive 4 clean laps - not possible?!

Guys, I love the game, and enjoy thrashing around the track, but in the free practice mode there is one 'award' for driving four clean laps. How are you supposed to do this to comply? If I drive around the track, it shows a green bar at the bottom creeping from right to left, then for an inexplicable reason the bar disappears and the completed lap counter resets to 0. At the time it happens I am not sliding, riding kerbs, locking any brakes, I am in complete control of the car.... I have even tried driving extra carefully, braking early, changing down in a straight line, making sure I stay in the racing line, but it still happens.

For most intents an purposes I ignore it, but some little masochistic part of me keeps on making me try to beat it. So help put me out of my misery, what am I doing wrong?

Les

You would think so, but I can do multiple laps and not exceed the track or even clip the kerb, and it still won't credit me the lap. I'm beginning to think it was designed by my old boss, I couldn't do anything right with him either

Les

That means I must be embarrassingly slow. Maybe I should stop asking in case I am showing myself up as a complete snail!

Seriously though, I am able to lap at reasonable times, and improve, but the green bar stays sometimes when I feel I've exceeded track limits and disappears when I think I've nailed a corner really well. I simply don't have a handle on what it expects me to do

Les

I can remember having some frustrations with it myself in the past (can't recall details now tho), but if you're lapping at decent speeds then that probably isn't the issue.
I was more thinking about the case where you might decide to slow right down and stay in the centre of the track so you can be 100% certain of never going beyond any limits. It would seem like it ought to work, but that's when any speed threshold would bite you...

• Deleted member 1417362

Cleanest way to do this is don't push the track limits or don't drive trying to drive like you've seen on TV (cutting corners) but drive like your watching the AI, Ignore the rumble strips, red\whites and stay on track, use 100% throttle and don't brake to early.

Consistency is key and you can change the HUD to display consistency to assist your laps

Also, don't do it trying to "do 4 laps", you'll do three, tense up on the 4th and have to start again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back