Drivable terrain problems in rFactor

i have used btb for about 2 years now but for some reason my last 3 tracks have had unusual problems. i dont think i have done anything any differently but here is my situation. i create dirt oval tracks. i like to split the track into 2 or 3 terrains all with different grip amounts to try to achieve multiple racing lines through the corners. in my last 3 tracks i always have 1 or 2 of the terrains non drivable. i can pull onto the track and run the top but as i try to move to the middle or bottom of the track my car goes into nuetral and resets me back on to the top of the track.

i scrapped the first track this happened on and started fresh. using different materials and yet i still had the same problems

Check in BTB that the materials (
materials.gif
) each have 'rfactor material name' set.

Everything looks fine. I've even tried splitting the track into three gmts for each material, and there's car still resets. In BTB, make sure you haven't accidentally put a space in the material property. That's all I can think of.

everything looks normal on my end, this one really has me puzzled. i created a new track today from scratch and still the same problem. but if i go back and change the track to 1 texture, leave it as roada, everything works fine

I just changed the material names to roada_top and roada_bottom and then changed the .tdf to match and all works ok.
Rfactor will accept _ in file names but it also prefers its own naming convention, this is 1 way to skirt around it.

[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDryGrip1 Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=RoadBumpAmp BumpWavelen=RoadBumpLen Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Scraping=1 Sound=dry
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=smokewhite.tga Max=1024 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=skid Tex=skidhard.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=roada_top
// Roads
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDryGrip2 Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=RoadBumpAmp BumpWavelen=RoadBumpLen Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Scraping=1 Sound=dry
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=smokewhite.tga Max=1024 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=skid Tex=skidhard.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=roada_bottom

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back