Drift Mod?

Sorry to be asking again for a curtain mod but i really need to know, i was at Trax Yesterday watching the 5th round of the BDC and im hungry for some Drift action and rFactor is ageing sooo much.

So is there a Drift mod for Race 07 :D
hope someone can help, i can drift all sorts of cars but its normally just controlling oversteer on the way out.
i would love a proper drift mod, hope there is one.

let me know :D

I don't think there is a "Drift mod". You do need a wide track with lots of corners, but other than that it all comes down to the car setup.
Any RWD car can be setup to drift. I don't know how to setup a drift car but someone out there can give us some setup tips.

It would be nice to have a track that has a skid pan or a big area to practice drifting... Does anyone know of such tracks?

For drag racing and drift practice, SimBin included a great track:

Anderstorp / Scandinavia Raceway

As for drifting cars, by default it is a little harder with the way the cars are setup in game. Basically the issue is that the cars are limited to a max of 33° steering lock and up to only around 14° castor. Also, different tyre physics and maybe more power never hurts :)

There is a newly released drift car for rFactor, and I know the guy that did it, so you never know what might happen for Race 07 in the near future....

Even with what is currently available, load up the BMW GT2 out of the Power Pack expansion, set Anders to wet (50%) and keep your slicks on, assign your joystick (not the steering wheel) to the handbrake, close up your wheel lock in the controllers interface and go out to 33° in the in-game garage and Boom! you are set :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%