Drift and Snow Coming to AMS Build 1.5.1

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Drift 1.jpg AMS Drift 2.jpg AMS Drift 3.jpg AMS Drift 4.jpg AMS Drift 5.jpg AMS Drift 6.jpg AMS Drift 7.jpg AMS Drift 8.jpg AMS Drift 9.jpg
The final build 1.5.1 of Automobilista is heading our way soon, and with it comes a comprehensive representation of the world of drift!

As promised back at the end of 2017, Reiza confirmed they are working hard at developing a drifting element of the simulation and it looks like the work is paying off rather handsomely, with some early previews of some of the cars that make up the new category released to the public late yesterday.

Now many simulation fans know Reiza are pretty good at getting physics and FFB right in AMS, and as such it will be interesting to see how they manage to represent the world of drifting once the 1.5.1 update comes out in the near future. Our first impressions? Well check out the video below:

As well as the Drift mode, the upcoming build has one or two more features and pieces of content to get excited about. Alongside the various drift variants of vehicles (see below images), we will also be getting a Super F-Dirt RallyX buggy and a snow covered winter version of the Buskerud location! If that isn't enough, Reiza also confirms the latest build will contain a "comprehensive revision of the AI code" as well as several fixes and updates. Happy days indeed for fans of AMS...

No release date has been given at this moment in time, so I'll just drop these previews here to pass the time...

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to drift in AMS? Are you happy with home the game has finally turned out? Let us know in the comments section below!

I totally suck at drifting with a wheel, even though I am pretty good at it with a pad... Not sure what to think, the drift mods for rF2 was what taught me to actually slide properly and AMS is one of my all time favourites. Yeah, time to get back onto AMS and learn the craft. I only wish they would add some proper JDM mock-up (EVO is AWD, not my thing). Let's hope modders jump on the bandwagon.

Are you on the dedicated G29 branch/build of the game? Right click the game in your Steam library and go to properties, then the 'betas' tab and choose G29 from the drop down.
There is something like that? I dropped AMS mainly because of broken FFB effects on my Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFGT older brother). Please tell me there is something like this for my wheel too, so I can finally play this sim :(

SNOW!!!!
As a western Canadian that's currently waist high in the fluffy stuff and roads covered in ice, I'm gonna have to fire up this title to see how they've done :)

Edit: I haven't played this title in quit some time, can anyone confirm if the Super Truck has been updated to drive on Rally X courses or this new ice track?
Last time I tried it couldn't even handle going on the grass.

Last edited:
For me, drifting is fun for a few minutes... but the real gold in this update is the A.I.

Between the A.I. and the other realism settings (tire limits, return to pits, etc) this is the easily the best sim for single players wanting to simulate a championship season, in my opinion.

Most simulation games in the racing and flight genres of the past decade seem to focus on multiplayer aspects - presumably because convincing A.I. is actually extremely difficult to achieve, and because online players seem far more vocal in the communities. But I think the numbers still suggest there are more offline players in both genres and I am delighted with what Reiza has done with AMS, especially of late at the end of development. I hope this carries over to the next title and catches on with other developers as well. There should be room enough in the industry for excellence in both on and offline racing experiences.

We should applaud Reiza for actually listening to the concerns of the simming community and trying to address them as best as possible. They've easily earned my support of whatever they try next.

I totally suck at drifting with a wheel, even though I am pretty good at it with a pad... Not sure what to think, the drift mods for rF2 was what taught me to actually slide properly and AMS is one of my all time favourites. Yeah, time to get back onto AMS and learn the craft. I only wish they would add some proper JDM mock-up (EVO is AWD, not my thing). Let's hope modders jump on the bandwagon.

This drift Evo is RWD

For me, drifting is fun for a few minutes... but the real gold in this update is the A.I.

Between the A.I. and the other realism settings (tire limits, return to pits, etc) this is the easily the best sim for single players wanting to simulate a championship season, in my opinion.

Most simulation games in the racing and flight genres of the past decade seem to focus on multiplayer aspects - presumably because convincing A.I. is actually extremely difficult to achieve, and because online players seem far more vocal in the communities. But I think the numbers still suggest there are more offline players in both genres and I am delighted with what Reiza has done with AMS, especially of late at the end of development. I hope this carries over to the next title and catches on with other developers as well. There should be room enough in the industry for excellence in both on and offline racing experiences.

We should applaud Reiza for actually listening to the concerns of the simming community and trying to address them as best as possible. They've easily earned my support of whatever they try next.
Agreed 100% with this comment .

That took till post #5. So sad that somebody always has to be negative about another sim. Really really sad. :(
@Conrad Miller you rated a similar post by me, in another thread "Disagree", a few days ago. Would you like to explain what you think is wrong with my posts please?

EDIT: Ha ha, I guess I might have expected another disagree, foolish me - expecting an adult response. :roflmao:

Last edited:
  • ronniej

OMG...could Reiza's 'Automobilista' title get any better...well, indeed it can...an absolutely superb development cycle from Reiza and I personally will be at the front of the queue with my money when the next title arrives.....keep up the awesome work Reiza.
+1

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years