• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Drift and Snow Coming to AMS Build 1.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +20,536

AMS Drift 1.jpg AMS Drift 2.jpg AMS Drift 3.jpg AMS Drift 4.jpg AMS Drift 5.jpg AMS Drift 6.jpg AMS Drift 7.jpg AMS Drift 8.jpg AMS Drift 9.jpg
    The final build 1.5.1 of Automobilista is heading our way soon, and with it comes a comprehensive representation of the world of drift!

As promised back at the end of 2017, Reiza confirmed they are working hard at developing a drifting element of the simulation and it looks like the work is paying off rather handsomely, with some early previews of some of the cars that make up the new category released to the public late yesterday.

Now many simulation fans know Reiza are pretty good at getting physics and FFB right in AMS, and as such it will be interesting to see how they manage to represent the world of drifting once the 1.5.1 update comes out in the near future. Our first impressions? Well check out the video below:

As well as the Drift mode, the upcoming build has one or two more features and pieces of content to get excited about. Alongside the various drift variants of vehicles (see below images), we will also be getting a Super F-Dirt RallyX buggy and a snow covered winter version of the Buskerud location! If that isn't enough, Reiza also confirms the latest build will contain a "comprehensive revision of the AI code" as well as several fixes and updates. Happy days indeed for fans of AMS...

No release date has been given at this moment in time, so I'll just drop these previews here to pass the time...

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to drift in AMS? Are you happy with home the game has finally turned out? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Love Love x 18
    • Like Like x 9
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cerebralvortex

cerebralvortex
    Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    Snow, wow amazing !

• Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jusek

Jusek

Ratings:
    +20
    Looks fun! AI improvements are always welcomed as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +631
    wow .. studded tyres, bit of snow and ice and you have instant drifting fun for hours :) I should launch beta to test how it compares to real

5. Jockey

Jockey

Ratings:
    +166
    Meanwhile at Slow397... "What did they announced that we don't already have"?

• Haha Haha x 16
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Rany

Rany

Ratings:
    +6
    Stop playing AMS when i got a new G29 replacing my DFGT, It feel like AMS not fully support G29, I have to turn the wheel more during slow corners in AMS. My g29 working fine in AC and R3E.

7. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast

Ratings:
    +125
    Still the best driving experience out there lol - just low on content :(

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
  8. traind

traind

Ratings:
    +187
    It is a great driving experience. I think they cover a huge range of racing car classes in AMS. And the mod tracks available right here at RD make the track portfolio huge.

It is true that some fan favorites like GT3 are not in the title and most of the content is not branded but the variety is still significant. Very low street legal sports car content though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Premium

Ratings:
    +232
    Formula Ultimate on Buskerud Ice is stupid but great fun - you can go 190 on the fast corners due to the downforce but only 30 on the hairpins :D:D. Never thought I'd have fun having an F1 car oversteer on me.
    20180303205236_3.jpg
    The AI are pretty good at el drifto as well :p

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,765
    That took till post #5. So sad that somebody always has to be negative about another sim. Really really sad. :(

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ernietheracefan

ernietheracefan

Ratings:
    +12
    Can we drifting the Cruzes & Opalas..?

12. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Premium

Ratings:
    +232
    The Montana, Super V8 and Lancer for now, but you can try! Oh and the Drift cars have fully customisable rims.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Magus

Magus

Ratings:
    +56
    With no VR support AMS is redundant for me & I really wish they would just focus all their resources on the next title as I want to play it!

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Haha Haha x 2
  14. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Premium

Ratings:
    +232
    It runs on gMotor 1, do you expect it to have VR? Bit like expecting Disney to bring out the original Star Wars in 3D. The engine doesn't support the tech.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jpalesi

jpalesi

Ratings:
    +41
    And it took longer, until post #13, to have someone complain about VR.

• Haha Haha x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Enagee

Enagee

Ratings:
    +146
    +1 ... VR kept Live for speed alive.... Hoping AMS start looking at their next title too.
    Really enjoyed AMS but soo used to VR ... would probably play it if i had triple screens.
    Have fun guys

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Jockey

Jockey

Ratings:
    +166
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Stanislas

Stanislas

Ratings:
    +25

It seems to prove what you said... at least about speed!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +452
    Thought the AI is already pretty good. Interesting. Wonder if this will mean the AI collision will be more natural looking?

Also the snow track seems like a hoot

• Like Like x 2
  20. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +309
    The ai is amazing now, probably the best out there. The collisions are still pants .

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.