I saw some videos, most of the guys were playing in 3rd person, one was driving in cockpit and the in-game wheel did not turn in sync with the real wheel. Can anybody confirm the game does not have 900 deg steering animations at the moment? Thanks!
yes the game does not have 900 deg steering animations just 180 ( 90 left 90 right )

yes the game does not have 900 deg steering animations just 180 ( 90 left 90 right )

I feel bad for smaller developers (like Codies, lol) having to learn how to do every thing by themselves from scratch.

Things like wheel rotation, separate wheel and pedals input, or VR support are things that many others figured out how to do in the past. By now they should be found by a Google search. Modders do them for free. It's embarrassing not to have them in 2020.

Some say sharing is caring, while others say sharing is neither developing nor preparing.

I was tempted with this game was just going to pull the trigger on it,
started watching that video above I must say the graphics look really nice,
but once we went to the track was like mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmm, mm, m ... and left its a pity but its life,
if a Pro Drifter cant make any sense of it then I doubt I can either :D

• Deleted member 151827

Still can't believe developers will make a game like this, but no one wants to make a proper drag racing game. I'm waiting. ;)

I was tempted with this game was just going to pull the trigger on it,
started watching that video above I must say the graphics look really nice,
but once we went to the track was like mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmm, mm, m ... and left its a pity but its life,
if a Pro Drifter cant make any sense of it then I doubt I can either :D

I feel pretty much the same gone to press buy so many times but just havent been able to bring myself to do it

Reactions: CC
Please give us more engines and ability to run superchargers are twin turbo options too and muscle cars are needed mandatory I love drift 21 this game can destroy the forza community just with minor things added more tracks more garages free roaming city’s being able to free roam online going to other people garages I can really see this being the best car simulator before the year over just by adding these little features and once those touches are added bring the game to consoles and the ability to cross play because the game is only drifting and cruising and building cars with friends sharing parts n exploring the city even for dlc packs for other city’s that usable online for car cruising this game can go far we need to talk how can speak with the owner of drift 21

no one wants to make a proper drag racing game
It's not a complete drag racing game by any means, but I've squeezed many hours of enjoyment out of the drag mode in Assetto Corsa. Once you learn to time your launch, it gets pretty fun! Again, it's not complete (no launch control, no actual drag cars, etc.), but if you just need to scratch a drag racing itch you might find some fun to be had with AC.

Rastas drift cars in rF2 and you're set. Of course there are no points but what the hell i drift for the fun and skill. There's AMS1 as well WITH points and really well done. Drift physics in AMS1 that probably is above this game as well.

The first major update content update for Early Access title Drift 21 has been deployed - adding a new track layout to enjoy.

ECC Games S.A have remained hard at work on the new title since it deployed on Steam Early Access this May 7th, and today marks the first new piece of post release content within the game - adding the EBISU North track alongside the previously available layout within the sim.

As well as new content, ECC Games S.A also recently deployed a fresh build update that addresses a number of aspects within the software, from force feedback improvement to gameplay mechanics. You can check out the update notes below:

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug related to the FFB invert function for some Thrustmaster steering wheels
  • Fixed a bug where the engine sound did not turn off despite the ignition being turned off
  • Fixed a bug where footstep sounds were inaudible
  • Fixed a bug where in certain circumstances tooltip icons were missing
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to mount rims with unsupported sizes
  • Fixed incorrectly displayed in-game currencies
  • Fixed a bug with some in-game windows and sprites showing improperly on unusual resolutions and screen ratios
  • Fixed incorrectly displaying tire sprites in Warehouse
  • Fixed a critical bug that prevented players from finishing the tutorial
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to access and spawn non-purchased parts from Warehouse

Localization changes
  • Small changes to texts in Paint Booth and during Tutorial
  • Added missing translations to challenge result screen and Driving Setup subwindows,
  • Changes to texts and font display throughout the project

Other changes
  • Small changes in the way the game saves are named
  • Changes to the handbrake range based on input type and connected controller
  • Rearranged result screen window to always show information crucial to the challenge
  • Changes to decal history in Paint Booth
  • Changes to Warehouse content (removed obsolete car parts)

DRIFT21 will available on PC Steam Early Access now.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, head over to the Drift 21 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and fire off questions to the community!

DRIFT21_Ebisu_North_Screenshot_08.jpg
DRIFT21_Ebisu_North_Screenshot_07.jpg
DRIFT21_Ebisu_North_Screenshot_01.jpg

The game seems well done and quite ambitious regarding the tuning part (i'd like the possibility to at least get some pre-built engine tho).
The driving still needs quite a bit of refinement, expecially FFB and lateral grip during drifts at speed, but i hope it turns out nice.

Yeah, this looks impressive, very encouraging! I confess I didn't take this game very seriously, but the devs seem to be committed and we'll supported.

I'm not a drift guy myself, so I'd be unlikely to buy/play this, but I know drifting is very popular with the younger demographic so if this helps embiggen the racing game tent, I'm all for it. As many of us have experienced first hand, the slope from playing something like Drift '21 to playing a more proper sim is a slippery one.

Seems like it has promise, but the physics and ffb are unpolished at the moment. Having seen how AMS2 developed over the last few months I am going to hold off on judgement until it's had a bit longer to bake. Could be great eventually, but still feels very early access.

Seems like it has promise, but the physics and ffb are unpolished at the moment. Having seen how AMS2 developed over the last few months I am going to hold off on judgement until it's had a bit longer to bake. Could be great eventually, but still feels very early access.

It will take a lot longer than AMS2 to develop though as this team is much smaller.

Having played a bit more I've started to get more of a handle on the game, and aspects of it are great. They made a very brave decision though, in starting you off in a car which can't drift. :D Basically the stock cars you get when you start the game are basic street cars and pretty useless on the track. You really need to hit driftland and do donuts for a while to earn enough money to build them into suitable track cars. The handling changes a LOT as you tweak and tune the cars over time.

This gameplay loop of building and testing is pretty fun and addicting. It is messy though as there is very little guidance in game on how to build a good drift machine. This makes tuning tough because you can easily go too far and make the car worse to drive by (for example) overpowering the engine etc. (Fine tuning is not currently implemented so you are restricted to part swapping until they introduce that feature.)

I am growing to really like Drift21, and hope the wrinkles get ironed out over time, because despite problems it shows great potential. Unfortunately it is currently hard to tell what's my fault in how I build the car, and what's problems with the physics/ffb and calibration.

After persisting with it I am hopeful, because tweaking your build really does change the handling quality and drive-ability of your car in interesting ways. If they can nail that experience and get wheel handling up to scratch, it'll be a very fun sim.

I finally gave in and bought it. Played 2 hours straight and all I got done in that time was build an engine from the ground up and widen the track of the mx5. The detail theyve gone into is brilliant. It has massive potential not just on the game side but for learning about putting a car back together again.

More content coming next week too going by their announcement on steam yesterday

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%